Sosua, What a great time!!! It really was!

duhblondeguy

Dec 5, 2003
Hi to all. I just got back from DR a week ago. I've been reading about it here in DR1 for several months and I just want to thank one and all for the information I learned from ya. Those tips really helped out. We stayed at the Waterfront beachfront hotel in Sosua. Very nice place. Marco really hooked us up well. I think we hit every bar, club, store in town. Went to the Sosua beach daily, weather was great, ppl were fantastic. Next time though, I'll check with Apple vacations. I ran into a person from my home state of Wisconsin, the couple only paid $500 dollars from Milwaukee, non stop. I paid $615 through orbitz, two stops, which was not bad, but I could have done better. Live and learn.
Okay, some things I wish I would have done before I went to DR. Learn some spanish. I'm taking a class now, and studying at home. It's important if your going to go out on town, meet the local people, and get off the beat and path. It's good for the brain, and it's fun to speak another language. I never once saw a problem, danger, or a time where I thought I would get in trouble. I'd like to say Sosua is safer than my home town.

I'd also like to take this time and thank Marco and Ted. They both were friendly and helpfull. Ted is a party animal. Take him out with ya on the town, and you have an interpretor for the night. Well I'll keep this one short. Any questions about Sosua, I'll help out if I can. I'd move there tomorrow if I could bring my band with. Anyways...thanks to all. Running short on time is all...I have so many stories to tell you all, and I'll add some more soon.
Rich

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
$500 non stop from Milwaukee!
That's fantastic.
Hope I can find it when I'm looking next time.
Glad you enjoyed your trip.
mk

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Glad to hear you had a good time!

Which places did you got to at night then? Did you just stay in Sosua or did you go to Cabarete? Where would you recommend for a lively night outside the hotels?

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
Three Wisconsinites on one thread? Either we're taking this board over or its the dead of winter. Will be heading down to Sosua tonight.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Well tonight I have lights but i am waiting for the bomb to hit

So I am in sort of a curmudgeony mood.

I think the guy should learn English f?rst: ""off the beat and path" ?? "I'd move there tomorrow if I could bring my band with." ???

Oh well he had a good time and we have to thank Rocky and Ted for that. As usual.

And, of course, he is from Wisconson, that sorta explains a lot.....

The imperial "we" are happy you had a good time and cordially invite you to return.

The local curmudgeon,

HB

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Lmao!

Hillbilly said:
I think the guy should learn English f?rst: ""off the beat and path" ?? "I'd move there tomorrow if I could bring my band with." ??? And, of course, he is from Wisconson, that sorta explains a lot...
HB, I was waiting for someone of your stature to point those out. Being from Dubuque though I would say that his being a cheddarbutt "sorta explains" everything! LOL.

I wanna hear his band next time he's in town. If they play somewhere nearby can I go with? But then how good can they be if they are always off the beat (and path)?

Tom aka XR