Any ideas? Traveling cheap for 2/27?

Jennymiga

Feb 5, 2004
Hi:
I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on where to check for cheap flights to (anywhere) in the Dominican Republic departing from the U.S. on Friday 2/27 and returning on either saturday 2/28 or Sunday 2/29 or even super early on Monday 3/1.

My 27th bday is on Feb 27th and I know the 27th is the Independence Day in the D.R..... I'd love to celebrate it there, but the prices are all really high everywhere I have checked. I am a teacher and unfortunately cannot leave until about 12:00 noon at the earliest on Friday.

Any suggestions or ideas greatly appreciated! I am also planning on going back in the summer...late may or early june....so ideas on where to check for traveling in general are helpful. (I did check out DELTA, but flying from Ohio to NYC to SDQ didn't offer great rates).

Thanks!

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
Jennymiga said:
Hi:
I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on where to check for cheap flights to (anywhere) in the Dominican Republic departing from the U.S. on Friday 2/27 and returning on either saturday 2/28 or Sunday 2/29 or even super early on Monday 3/1.

My 27th bday is on Feb 27th and I know the 27th is the Independence Day in the D.R..... I'd love to celebrate it there, but the prices are all really high everywhere I have checked. I am a teacher and unfortunately cannot leave until about 12:00 noon at the earliest on Friday.

Any suggestions or ideas greatly appreciated! I am also planning on going back in the summer...late may or early june....so ideas on where to check for traveling in general are helpful. (I did check out DELTA, but flying from Ohio to NYC to SDQ didn't offer great rates).

Thanks!

CHECK AT DELTA.COM OR AA.COM

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Maybe Netsavers

Jennymiga said:
Hi:

Thanks!

At AA.com - If you have an AAdvantage # you can enroll in Netsavers and put in your desired from/to combinations and the site will always show the deals. For 2/27 they won't post the usual netsaver deals to the DR until the 11th ( Wed 2 weeks before) . Quite often they have JFK and/or MIA to SDQ and STI on sale.

AA has flights on Eagle from Cincinnatti to Miami to connect to SDQ - I have a friend who flew that route in November.

With Netsavers you have to leave after a certain p.m. hour on Friday , or Saturday and return the following Monday or Tuesday. So this may work. I have to say leaving after 12 noon Friday and going back Saturday is a pretty short term vacation as you might have less than 12 hours there.

Jennymiga

Feb 5, 2004
reply question re: AA.com

Thank you for this info. There is no charge for enrolling in Netsaver is there?

ricktoronto said:
At AA.com - If you have an AAdvantage # you can enroll in Netsavers and put in your desired from/to combinations and the site will always show the deals. For 2/27 they won't post the usual netsaver deals to the DR until the 11th ( Wed 2 weeks before) . Quite often they have JFK and/or MIA to SDQ and STI on sale.

AA has flights on Eagle from Cincinnatti to Miami to connect to SDQ - I have a friend who flew that route in November.

With Netsavers you have to leave after a certain p.m. hour on Friday , or Saturday and return the following Monday or Tuesday. So this may work. I have to say leaving after 12 noon Friday and going back Saturday is a pretty short term vacation as you might have less than 12 hours there.