Banned
Feb 9, 2004
if anyone has any clue as to what a pool costs to run in the DR let me know

ie
pool cleaner services per visit

approx electricity costs to run the chlorinator ect

approx figures are all i want

Do any dr1 'ers have salt water pools, if so , are they cheap to run/maintain

can anyone recommend a dr pool supplier i could email myself to ask these questions
thanks

Last edited:

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
In Santo Domingo, I know of two companies -- Aquasport (Tel 562-6545) and Suplidom (567-6767) that offer pool maintenance services and will sell you all the chemicals you need. To lower your maintenance cost, read on the internet into the new options for use of salt in pools. More options in the yellow pages under Piscinas.

Bolt

Jun 12, 2002
www.wireless-alarms.com
I can give you a quick guide based on what our caretaker uses in our place. A big drum of chlorine 100lb last about a year and the winter months takes about 2 cups a week increasing to about a cup every other day in peak summer heat. That cost around 130 bucks i think for the drum.

Likewise with the skiiimers running at this time of year 3 or 4 hours a day is ample but will need to increase the skiimer use in hot weather and plenty of pool usage up to 12 hours a day. Then there is acid, and lime cleaners, tile cleaners, anti algae stuff etc so factoring all this in plus electric i think around 500 to 750 bucks a year would not be too far off the mark. Mind you im talking about on site or DIY self cleaning not contracted out service as that must be more of course.

Salt water pools are cheaper to run but not very common here as the idea of salt water puts people off but the salt content is about 100 time less then the ocean and is barely noticable. The chlorinator then produces chlorine by passing an electric current through the salt water at the pump end which produces chlorine from the salt. The only thing required weekly then is a couple bags of regular refined salt to be added to the pool! The initial cost of these systems is quite a bit more then a standard system but on going costs is a lot cheaper and does not suffer from PH imbalance as often as a regular pool :)

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
pool servicing

hi
if you have the time, could you find out what a visit would cost from a pool service to look after everything for a salt water pool . Basically im away a lot of the time. Thanks

Bolt said:
I can give you a quick guide based on what our caretaker uses in our place. A big drum of chlorine 100lb last about a year and the winter months takes about 2 cups a week increasing to about a cup every other day in peak summer heat. That cost around 130 bucks i think for the drum.

Likewise with the skiiimers running at this time of year 3 or 4 hours a day is ample but will need to increase the skiimer use in hot weather and plenty of pool usage up to 12 hours a day. Then there is acid, and lime cleaners, tile cleaners, anti algae stuff etc so factoring all this in plus electric i think around 500 to 750 bucks a year would not be too far off the mark. Mind you im talking about on site or DIY self cleaning not contracted out service as that must be more of course.

Salt water pools are cheaper to run but not very common here as the idea of salt water puts people off but the salt content is about 100 time less then the ocean and is barely noticable. The chlorinator then produces chlorine by passing an electric current through the salt water at the pump end which produces chlorine from the salt. The only thing required weekly then is a couple bags of regular refined salt to be added to the pool! The initial cost of these systems is quite a bit more then a standard system but on going costs is a lot cheaper and does not suffer from PH imbalance as often as a regular pool :)