Living in DR summer and or fall 2004

Jennymiga

Feb 5, 2004
Hi,
I am currently pursuing a Masters Degree in Spanish and am planning on living in the Dominican Republic for the summer and/or fall of 2004. I am not 100% decided on a location, but am leaning towards either Santo Domingo or Punta Cana. I visited the DR in January and have some acquaintences in both places.

My question is: about how much can one expect to pay to rent an apartment per month? I have heard (from the locals $75 to $200) per month for a decent apartment.

The only thing that I want is to have access to a bathroom and shower. My own personal one would be nice.

thanks!

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
Here's a link that has alot of apartments in the DR. www.super-casas.com Once you convert your dollars into pesos, you should have no problem getting a really nice place for the prices you stated.

theartofbone

Oct 28, 2003
JDub said:
Here's a link that has alot of apartments in the DR. www.super-casas.com Once you convert your dollars into pesos, you should have no problem getting a really nice place for the prices you stated.

You''re about right on the prices. I just moved to SD and would encourage you to move here if you're a foreinger so you can live the city life and find everything that you need. The apartments would range from $75 for a normal, livable and adequate apartment, to $200 for a studio apartment w/ nice tiles, security, etc.

Sep 20, 2003
if i rent an apartment for 1-2 months, is it possible to rent one that already has electricity and water? i don't want to have to deal with power/water hook ups.

what are rates like in santo domingo, for a studio apartment, in a decent area?

could someone link me t a SD apartment rental site in english?

thank you.