One Question

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Its could be could be consider as stupid question but I would like to know what chance is having an Dominican guy who was at the Dominican Troops in Iraq to get a visitors Visa to the USA?

Your answer will be aprecite.

Homer simpson

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Slim" and none!

And "Slim" just got on a bus leaving town!!!!!!

What difference would that make???

You think that US Immigration would feel that he had "Earned" it????

Are you really THAT naive? Cris Colon

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
fighting for what then ?

It's just a simple question,

I guess because they did some thing in case the have some parents to visit in the USA, I was thinking that could have any consideration to get the Visa, I know that US immigration has owed some thing to this army guy who put his life in risk supporting US Army. I don't know thats why I asked.

Just because they are fighting for US Interest I was thinking they could get some thing from states.

In conclution seems that they are fighting just for fight where DR is not going to get any thing from that war or US.

Thanks Criss for you answer

Homer :dead:
Criss Colon said:

blong

Sep 30, 2003
Well, I don't have an answer to your original question either. However, I don't think he is fighting purely for US interests. If you believe the introduction of democracry to Iraq to be purely a US interest, I would suggest to you that it has worldwide implications. I also think that the DR receives plenty from the US so that one DR soldier seeking entrance to the US, IMHO, does not warrant any special consideration in the sense that you US owes him something. Afterall, again: 1. the world (which includes the DR benefits from a truly free Iraq and 2. to suggest the US needs to thank the DR by way of special treatment to one DR soldier overlooks the entire present relationship between the two countries.

PLUS its not like the guy is in Iraq for altruistic purposes. The guy is fighting because he joined the army. Going to fight benefits his own career vs not going which is AWOL.

Immigration policy is purely bureacratic and presently as far as I would guess there is no box to check off for Foreign Soldiers Who Were Present in Iraq.

minerran

Oct 16, 2003
Criss Colon said:
Why, Cris Colon, do you have to be so rude all the time? Is it really necessary? Don't be a Chopo! One can make a point politely. Please learn how and stop acting like my teenage son does!

As for simpson Homer's question, US Immigration determines who gets visas based on policies and directives that come from high above the individual caseworkers. I don't know these policies and can't really answer you question but considering the poor treatment our own U.S. veterans are receiving (such as defunding Veteran's medical benefits so Bush's rich cronies can get out of paying taxes), I would doubt that military service in Iraq by the visa applicant would be considered at all. I do agree with Cris Colon's synicism of the U.S. government. Don't expect them to do the right thing.

But good luck and I hope you get the visa.
Thank God you made it home safe.

Randy

Last edited:

minerran

Oct 16, 2003
simpson Homer said:
It's just a simple question,
Just because they are fighting for US Interest I was thinking they could get some thing from states.

Homer - I'm sure you are right, somebody in DR did get something in return for "joining the coalition". But it would be the government or the rich and powerful that would receive the benefit, not the soldiers. Bush wanted to be able to say he had an international coalition so he would not look like the "lone ranger" that he is. So he must have offered something to the DR government in exchange for them to "rubber stamp" the war and send some troops. I mean no disrespect to you guys who fought there - I respect you a great deal.

Randy

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Selling Blood for Money

What does it matter for His Madness to send troops to Irak?
I think he only did it to be a "good boy" and receive more loans which he would then use for his own purposes.
As for the visa:
The soldier could ask his president for a letter of recommendation.
Never ever getting a reply the guy would at least know what
he is worth.
M?frog

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I just brought a lamp from Ikea, can you please approve my visa application to Sweden.

(I have moved this to the General forum, this is not a debate.)

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Knowing the beauracracy and incomepetence of the US Immigration, even if it was official policy to provide Dominicans who served in Iraq a visitor's visa, he would never actually get one unless he fulfills the normal requirements for Dominicans.

bcmike

Jan 29, 2004
If any of you have access to the AP wire (ap.org) A mexican national will receive his citizenship papers this week for doing just that . He bought a fake green card for $50, enlisted and served in Iraq. Not out of the question.

Of course, the down side is that you really do have to fight in a war. Nasty business,that.

Last edited:

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
I don't think so.

that is my short answer. I think there were actually increased restrictions on VISA's lately, and I don't see any reason to give soldiers special access to VISA's for doing Hippo's bidding.

m

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
minerran said:
Why, Cris Colon, do you have to be so rude all the time? Is it really necessary? Don't be a Chopo! One can make a point politely. Please learn how and stop acting like my teenage son does!

Yeah Colon, get with the program. I see you have only posted 3,205 times so you are kind of the new kid on the block. We'll let you go this time, but shape up.

m