No Gasoline in Puerto Plata

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
This afternoon the Shell stations had long lines in Puerto Plata for regular gasoline. I guess the other stations must have been out but I thought the problem with the shortage was overcome. Guess not.

Nov 27, 2002
www.compunorma.com
No Gasoline in Nagua either

Conchman said:
This afternoon the Shell stations had long lines in Puerto Plata for regular gasoline. I guess the other stations must have been out but I thought the problem with the shortage was overcome. Guess not.

I have checked all stations in Nagua. Nope Nothing

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Bavaro/Punta Cana Supply

Bavaro/Punta Cana

There are only two stations in the area, the Texaco at the Friusa crossroad and the Shell at the Veron crossroad. The past seven days the fuel supply at both has been sporadic. My observations seem to conclude that when one is dispensing fuel the other is not. There is fuel available this Tues am at the Shell, limited to RD$ 500 per purchase. The wait in line was about 20 min.

Regards, PJT

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
Same thing again in POP, no gas, maybe one or two stations in the city open at a time and they are swamped with motocochos.
Shell next to the Burger King had a half mile long line this afternoon. The Texaco near Messon was only selling diesel and gas to motoconchos.

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
Is it even worth renting a car? I am landing next thursday and picking up a car rental for 2 weeks. Should I reconsider? Are motoconchos still giving rides to tourists or are they getting scarce because of the shortage?

ecarignan

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
Situation could change in a heartbeat. Shell across from the stadium in POP had a tanker in last night but never opened up.
Remember the propane gas fiasco last month? When Moses spoke the waters parted.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
I can only speak for Santo Domingo, but gasoline sells have not been critical in Santo Domingo, at least as far as I personally have encountered.

Sharron

Dec 19, 2002
I drove back from Santo Domingo today to La Otra Banda and all the gas stations along the route were open and had gas for sale, even the ones in Higuey that had been closed a couple of days ago.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
ecarignan said:
Is it even worth renting a car? I am landing next thursday and picking up a car rental for 2 weeks. Should I reconsider? Are motoconchos still giving rides to tourists or are they getting scarce because of the shortage?

ecarignan

Eric,
Hope you make contact this time as we seem to miss you every time you come down!! Motoconchos are still operating (minimum fare now at LEAST RD $10) but you may have to help push the bike to the nearest gas station or hold on to a fellow biker ready to pull you along!!! Ring ME!! - Grahame.