Victorian House Sosua?

candu2

Jan 7, 2004
I am looking at booking a vacation at the Victorian House in Sosua. It looks very nice but a travel agent I went to asked me why it is not being offered by any of the tour companies. She said that it was probably because it was under construction and the service would be poor. I am looking for information to the contrary. Has anyone had any experience with the Victorian House?

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
Victorian House

As of 2 weeks ago there was NO construction there. It is a very classy resort. I did not stay there but was next to it and walked through it. The "snacks" in the lobby included champagne, wine and hors d'oeuvres. It is affliated with the Sosua Bay resort and the food was great at Sosua Bay so it should be good there also.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
candu2 said:
I am looking at booking a vacation at the Victorian House in Sosua. It looks very nice but a travel agent I went to asked me why it is not being offered by any of the tour companies. She said that it was probably because it was under construction and the service would be poor. I am looking for information to the contrary. Has anyone had any experience with the Victorian House?

Your travel agent has no clue.

I have never heard a bad thing about the Victorian House. As Appleman pointed out, it's owned and operated by the same people that have the Sosua Bay Resort. Another upscale resort that is getting very good reviews.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Victorian House is very small, only 50 rooms. 5-star accomodations. It is not AI, but offers guests a variety of meal options. It is not meant to be a hotel for people who want a package from an AI hotel; its market is discriminating travelers. Because of its size, you wouldn't expect it to be marketed through tour companies. The Sosua Bay Hotel on the same property is booked through tour companies, but it is much larger and is AI.