Drastic Exchange Rate Drop???

Valiente

Feb 10, 2004
Rumor in Santiago has it that by tomorrow the exchange rate will be at RD$20 to US$1. Has anyone else heard this? I'm wondering how it could possibly be true.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I noticed this is your first post. Are you trying to get us to sell you some dollars or what?

Not that I wouldn't love that happenning, but it's in the same dream where I get paid to have sex with Catherine Zeta Jones and my shower version of "I will survive" is at the top of the charts.

Valiente

Feb 10, 2004
MrMike said:
I noticed this is your first post. Are you trying to get us to sell you some dollars or what?

Not that I wouldn't love that happenning, but it's in the same dream where I get paid to have sex with Catherine Zeta Jones and my shower version of "I will survive" is at the top of the charts.

No, but I need to buy construction materials and don't want to get stuck with high prices and no pesos to pay the 300% increase in their price!

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
As long as the country is subject to Hippo's shenanigans, there will be no significant drop in the rate. Even if he is voted out, I don't see the rate dropping a lot but maybe stabilizing around 40-1.

But in this country, anything is possible.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
What are you smoking, valiente? I can't believe that rumor is widespread, though it doesn't cost anything to dream.

When I came here in 1986, the rate of exchange was about RD$2 to US$1. We have had periods of relative stability, interspersed with periods of inflation, almost always brought on the by government's borrowing and printing money.

We may have another period of stability eventually (and hopefully we will), but like others, this is likely to be closer to 40 than 20.