Meeting DR1'ers in SD

snoozer

Jan 22, 2004
I am spending 9 weeks in DR, most of the time in SD. I would be interested in meeting other expats who live in the area. Is there a bar or cafe where people get together regularly?

Look forward to meeting some of you.

Geoff

theartofbone

Oct 28, 2003
heh...

What a question... of course there are bars and cafes here in Santo Domingo; the city has approx 3.5 million people! I've even seen drive-thru beer places!

But anyway, this is a good post, I'd like to meet some fellow DR1ers too...

-Rob

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
He asked if there were any bars where dr1 members met regularly. Maybe if you visited less drive through bars, you could read better ;-) he he he he

Seriously, we have had some get togethers from time to time. Nothing regular though. Let us know when you are coming down and what area you will be staying in etc. I live in santo domingo and spend most of my time there. email rafael@dr-tourist.tv and we can hook up for a few beers.

theartofbone

Oct 28, 2003
rafael said:
He asked if there were any bars where dr1 members met regularly. Maybe if you visited less drive through bars, you could read better ;-) he he he he

Seriously, we have had some get togethers from time to time. Nothing regular though. Let us know when you are coming down and what area you will be staying in etc. I live in santo domingo and spend most of my time there. email rafael@dr-tourist.tv and we can hook up for a few beers.

ha... If I even had a car I'd be at the drive through places. ;) I brought it up because found it odd, I'm from New Mexico and you'd easily get a 'DWI' charge for having drinks in your vehicle... something that happens so often here in SD :D

snoozer

Jan 22, 2004
Rob,

After re-reading my original post I can see how you interpreted the way you did. I am well aware that there are a few bars in this city, in fact I have actually been to a few.

Geoff