Sixty plus % support for the PPH????

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Our friend & beloved leader has suggested that he will win the 2004 elections (despite being an illegal running candidate) because 60% or more of the country support him & his (Hijacked) party. So where is all this support?

I, like many others of you, talk to Business people, tradesmen, people in the street etc. & have yet to meet more than a couple of Mejia supporters (talk to THEM for more than a minute & they cry off for lack of sane arguments!!). So Mr Presidente, here is a challenge to you (we KNOW you read DR1 for all the up-to-date news!!) get all your supporters out on to the street & SHOW us all your support & maybe we will listen to you - after all, DR1 contributors are sane & reasonable people!! Best of all is that we will then see who/what kind of people are dumb enough to support you & the PPH!! What is the betting that IF such a rally of support were ever organised for the PPH, most of the attendees would be wearing masks so that they would not be recognised & therefor open to ridicule from their friends later??!!

My VIEW??? Go Decamps, Go Leonel, Go Milagros, .... In fact GO ANYONE who will oust this chump & his cronnies!! Let's get some credibility & HOPE back into the Dominican Republic!!!!! - Grahame.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Bushbaby: Unfortunately most people who frequent this board do not vote, so they don't exist as far Hippo is concerned. The people who do matter to him, either do support him or would sell their vote to him for a few pesos.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I have yet to meet somone since the beginning of 2003 that actually would vote for, or talks good, about Hippo and his party. But I'm sure many just don't want to admit it, while cashing in on some of the corruption.

gerd

Jan 10, 2002
There may not be a lot of people voting for Hippo, but it wouldn't surprise me, if he came out with 60% of the votes, after the counting is done.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I re-uped 3 times for the war in VietNam!

So I am looking forward to the next 3 months!! I aalso am an,"I Told You So"!,so I will find a lot of "grist for my mill",during the pre-election period!
Like I said before,"I feel like a good Mormon,getting everything I need for my family to survive for a year in my store room!Don't know the "Mormon" position on "Guns",but I got them too!"
Cris Colon
Even going to keep the meanest dog from the current litter!That will make 3 !I have the neighbor come over and beat them twice a week, :cool: so they don't like Dominicans!!!

Dwald

Jan 22, 2004
selling vote

my "muchacha" explained me that of course todo el barrio will sell they votes, they did it always, but than they will vote the candidate they like, which is rarely the candidate who payed.
I hope

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
There may be hope!!!!!!

Dr1 news, made my day today!!! :p

President Hipolito Mejia met with power generators and representatives of the electricity distribution companies yesterday in an attempt to end or reduce the long blackouts. Unites States Ambassador Hans Hertell also attended the meeting at the Presidential Palace.
I like this part!!!!!!

No official statements were released at the meeting's end
What!!! None of the usual pumping sunshine up people's butt's :confused: :cheeky:
Or sending the Military to investigate into the black-outs???

IMF wants hard line on banks,Hoy's economic editor Mario Mendez reports that the IMF will force the Dominican Republic to take a hard look at the banking crisis and "let the chips fall where they may.

Oh yes, this might be better than sex.

Tim H. :bunny: :smoke:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Dwald said:
my "muchacha" explained me that of course todo el barrio will sell they votes, they did it always, but than they will vote the candidate they like, which is rarely the candidate who payed.
I hope

Dwald: That's not how things work. The people who sell their votes also get their cedulas "confiscated" until elections are over, so they cannot go and vote for the candidate they wanted to begin with. So, if for instance I'm buying votes on behalf of the PRD I will try to find a bunch of PLD people willing to sell their vote. I will then hold on to their cedulas until elections are over, thus preventing them from voting PLD. Vote buying goes on from all sides, BTW.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Of farms, pigs and sanity...

BushBaby said:
Our friend & beloved leader has suggested that he will win the 2004 elections (despite being an illegal running candidate) because 60% or more of the country support him & his (Hijacked) party. So where is all this support?
Napoleon is dellusional.

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
suarezn said:
Dwald: That's not how things work. The people who sell their votes also get their cedulas "confiscated" until elections are over, so they cannot go and vote for the candidate they wanted to begin with. So, if for instance I'm buying votes on behalf of the PRD I will try to find a bunch of PLD people willing to sell their vote. I will then hold on to their cedulas until elections are over, thus preventing them from voting PLD. Vote buying goes on from all sides, BTW.

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU MR SUAREZ? Wo are you voting for and explain....

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
ERICKXSON said:
I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU MR SUAREZ? Wo are you voting for and explain....

Mr. Erickxson who I'm going to vote for is a heavily guarded secret that will only be revealed to those who read all my posts since I became a member of this board (1999) and can find the subttle clues I've inserted in those posts. If you find the clues you then have to put them together to solve the "puzzle" as to who, out of the three candidates I will cast my vote for. Then...and only then I shall reveal to you who will get my vote.
You better get crackin' there are only 46 working days until the elections...

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
Timex said:
Dr1 news, made my day today!!!

- the reason hans hertell was at the meeting was to represent american interests.....on the supply side. you didn't think he was there to represent you, did you? his electricity is fine.

- if you didn't already know it, expect a big hike in your electricity bills. you will be paying much more for your apagones.

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
suarezn said:
Mr. Erickxson who I'm going to vote for is a heavily guarded secret that will only be revealed to those who read all my posts since I became a member of this board (1999) and can find the subttle clues I've inserted in those posts. If you find the clues you then have to put them together to solve the "puzzle" as to who, out of the three candidates I will cast my vote for. Then...and only then I shall reveal to you who will get my vote.
You better get crackin' there are only 46 working days until the elections...

Well Mr Suarez it was a simple question i have no time for your clues..

Thank you anyways

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
Cedula

suarezn said:

Do they simply withhold the "purchased" cedulas or do they actually use these cedula behind the scene to cast votes ?

Is there a mechanism at the poll booth verifying that the person who comes in to vote is indeed the person on the cedula ? Or is this easily manipulated behind the scene?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Formosano: If I'm not mistaken they now use a listing that includes the person's picture, so at least that part is covered against fraud.

Dwald

Jan 22, 2004
selling votes

Suarez, I asked her again, and she said there is (or was?) no way to controll her vote.
I don't think she is pulling my leg...

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Yes, the list includes pictures. Colour pictures.

And you'd better damn well look like the one on the picture... or at least in my case (now that I am in the Witness Protection Program I didn't look like the picture in my cedula). Fortunately I got my licencia handy. Maybe mine is one case in millions. BTW, I've had the same problems at banks many times.

getonwithit

Mar 17, 2003
suarezn said:
Formosano: If I'm not mistaken they now use a listing that includes the person's picture, so at least that part is covered against fraud.

http://web.jce.do/consultas/ced2002.asp

you can actually see those pictures at the above link.
we actually checked a couple last night and one of the people with us put in his number and up popped the details and photo of a completely different person. the word "observacion" was also noted in the top right hand part of the screen.
i don't want to put the person's cedula number here, so you'll have to take my word for it. apparently if this isn't sorted out before the elections, the person with us will not be allowed to vote.
another person in the group says (and this i can't verify) that she discovered the same thing with her cedula number and when she went to sort it out, she was told three people including herself had that same number.
i don't really think this is a fraud in the making, but there is the possibility (in that they just prevent people from voting altogether).