Car Rental? Do you think we'll need one?

anginmichigan

Dec 29, 2003
Hello everyone, The big day is almost here.. Friday we will be arriving in POP and I cannot wait! Quick question though... What do you think about getting a car rental? I am traveling with a family of 5, we are staying @ the Palm Beach Condo.... Do you think we will need a car rental, or will be be OK with just using taxis? Thanks, I just want to check before spending the money on a car rental, and then not needing it!!

Thanks again!

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Car rental

Depends on what you want to do. If you just plan on staying local and it's your first time in the country, I suggest using taxis.I guess you could squeeze a family of 5 into a taxi for short distances. Driving can be a little tricky...especially if you are not familiar with where you are. Do a couple of word searches on here and you will see what I mean. My first few visits, I didn't rent a car and really did not need one. Now that I am more familiar with the roads and travel around a little more, I always rent one. Good luck and have a good time :)

Larry

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Car renting

If you prettend to go out like visit other town in the Dominican Republic, like to go Santo Domingo or some place else maybe you will need it but there is bus too that can take you every where you want all depend from you if you would like to drive or not. In case you rent a car make sure to take a car with full insurance. they give you choice to take it or not but as I told you before pay the diference and get the full insurance. Most of the local who rent a car DONT offer full insurance.

I recomend you these:

National rent a car
Avis rent a car
Europcar
Honda rent a car

anginmichigan said:
Hello everyone, The big day is almost here.. Friday we will be arriving in POP and I cannot wait! Quick question though... What do you think about getting a car rental? I am traveling with a family of 5, we are staying @ the Palm Beach Condo.... Do you think we will need a car rental, or will be be OK with just using taxis? Thanks, I just want to check before spending the money on a car rental, and then not needing it!!

Thanks again!