Wedding at PierGiorgio Hotel

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
We are considering having my daughters wedding ceremony and dinner at the PierGiorgio. We have walked through the hotel out back to the beautiful restaurant and bar area over-looking Sosua Bay.
We, and our guests will be staying at our timeshare at the Coral Marien and will just have the wedding and dinner at the PierGiorgio. My question is, has anyone been to a wedding there or better yet got married there? Also I would appreciate any info on the restaurant.
John

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Here is their website...

This is their website address - http://www.piergiorgiohotel.com/puntilla.html
It will probably give you info on weddings there. I just know everytime I had dinner there, it was fantastic. Exceptional service, food presentation and quality was out of this world and of course, the view is breathtaking! After a few visits, even the owner had noticed our frequent dining at his establishment- one night brought the liqueur cart over, sat down with us and continued to feed us plenty of drinks - and would not let us pay for them. It was a class act in my eyes.
Enjoy
Marlie

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
do you know what papers and who will do the wedding?

Have you been in touch with the Juez de Registro Civil? She is the one that does the civil ceremony...And she is the one that sees to the paper work.

HB

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
My mother went to DR for the 1st time last Feb. I was not sure which hotel to find for her. We looked at Casa Marina and Pier Giorgios. In my opinion Pier Giorgios was a better location and the setup and food of the restarant behind it was amazing. Coupled with the fact that it was less than half the price of Casa Marina Reef I can't imagine why anyone would stay there given the choice.

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
Pier Giorgios

I have eaten at Pier Giorgios few times. Althogh I think it is overpriced , but it is a gorgeous setting for the wedding with the ocean and the gardens.
There is also Waterfornt restaurant, that has a very nice setting and I think the food there is also very good, but definately Pier Giorgios has a much nicer gardens surrounding the property .

I saw few weddings there and they looked very happy ;)

Theonly thing from the personal experience, and that has nothing to do with Pier Giorgios , is the restrictions and regulations and all thepaperwork , that you must have in DR before you get married. Trust me , it can and was a nightmare.

Best of luck