I want to buy.......

nickkieswetter

Aug 6, 2003
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where I can buy a 'sea kayak'??

What I want is one of those things that you see for rent on the beaches of Cabarette and at the hotels etc, a little plastic canoe that you sit on and then go paddle!!

If anyone can tell me where I can buy one I would appreciate it! Btw. nobody in cabarette seems to have them for sale right now!

Regards

Nick

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Puerto Rico

nickkieswetter said:
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where I can buy a 'sea kayak'??

What I want is one of those things that you see for rent on the beaches of Cabarette and at the hotels etc, a little plastic canoe that you sit on and then go paddle!!

If anyone can tell me where I can buy one I would appreciate it! Btw. nobody in cabarette seems to have them for sale right now!

Regards

Nick

The only people I know that have kayaks in the DR bought/brought them in from Puerto Rico.

It's a possible business opportunity to consider as well.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Jaysus Keerist Cleef! Keep your mouf closed!!

Can't you see what you're doing? You will have the whole freakin' Mona Passage hip deep in Dominicans paddling over to Puerto Rico!! It will be a psychodelic seascape of multi-coloured sea-kayacks plying the waves!! One paddling and two or three hanging on the sides (after paying a RD$5000 cut-rate passage)...

Damn boy! Do not open the flood gates. Criss Colon might start the business and promote this migration so he can have all the "chimichurris" to himself...

LMAO just thinking of this....

HB

GlowWorm

Nov 18, 2003
nickkieswetter, same search, same results

I had a similar interest and had the same luck in finding a sea kayak, or any other type of kayak. Mikey, at Sosua beach, tried to sell me a DR kayak, but I immediately recognized it as a 55 gallon drum that had been painted lime green.

Puerto Rico may be the answer, wondering about cost. I will research and let you know what I find. If we both decide to buy one we may be able to get a price reduction.

Glowworm :beard:

nickkieswetter

Aug 6, 2003
Thanks guys

Sorry for the delay in getting back but I have been absolutely up to my neck in it with sleeping, sunbathing on the beech and generally bumming around! Moreover I cant seem to get Verizon to install internet or any kind of anything at my house!

Tried Ari at the BIC centre, he didnt have anything. said maybe in two weeks or so (doubtfull though)

Graham, you wouldnt happen to have the phone number of the place at Boca Chica would you? I just cant seem to see it on the website (although my eyesite hasnt been so good since I slept all day in the sun without my shade the other day!!)

Regards

Nick

CrashInDR

Feb 24, 2004
Sea Kayaks

I have a wealth of sources for Sea Kayak manufacturers, but based in Canada or the US. Is there enough wealth in the DR for this type of opportunity?

My family and I want to relocate to the DR and buy/start a business. Anyone think this could be it?

nickkieswetter

Aug 6, 2003
CrashInDR said:
I have a wealth of sources for Sea Kayak manufacturers, but based in Canada or the US. Is there enough wealth in the DR for this type of opportunity?

My family and I want to relocate to the DR and buy/start a business. Anyone think this could be it?

I really dont know crash, all that I can say is that I will buy one!
Serioulsy though there seems to be a shortage of them, all the hotels, surf centres, and dive centres have them but they all seem to guard them closely because they either have to import them themselves (which I guess is a headache) or they buy from the Bic Centre. Could be an opening?

Nick