Effect on tourism re: shortage of gas

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
I am very curious how the gasoline shortage will affect tourism related items such as car rentals, scooter rentals or hiring of taxis for excursions. Are the car rental agencies not honouring contracts in place because there is not enough readily available gas, or do they have an in with the gas stations. What about the scooter rentals from the AI's and tour companies that offer the excursions - how can they possibly operate without the needed gas for the trips?
If this is the case, are the travel agents and tour companies advising people on this before they travel, letting them know that there is a possibility that car rentals, excurions etc. will not be available when they arrive.
Just wondering if anyone has heard of any cancellations of any of these activities.
Marlie

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
Now you got me worried, I am picking up my car rental next thursday. Should I be worried about the shortage? I will be around the Sosua area. How's availability of gas there?

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Ecarignan

Sorry, didn't mean to get you worried. No one has really anything to say about this so it must mean that it is a non-issue. I basically was just curious if this was happening or not. Have you checked with the car rental agency yourself to see what the scoop is? If you do, please be sure to post their response so we will have a concrete answer.
I am sure that in 2 weeks everything will be fine anyway - right?
Stay positive!
Marlie