There may be Hope!!!!!

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
All HOPE is GONE!!!!!

I originally posted this yesterday, read my follow-up post below, this one

There MAY be HOPE!!!!
Dr1 news, made my day today!!! :p

President Hipolito Mejia met with power generators and representatives of the electricity distribution companies yesterday in an attempt to end or reduce the long blackouts. Unites States Ambassador Hans Hertell also attended the meeting at the Presidential Palace.
I like this part!!!!!!

No official statements were released at the meeting's end
What!!! None of the usual pumping sunshine up people's butt's :confused: :cheeky:
Or sending the Military to investigate into the black-outs???

IMF wants hard line on banks,Hoy's economic editor Mario Mendez reports that the IMF will force the Dominican Republic to take a hard look at the banking crisis and "let the chips fall where they may.

Oh yes, this might be better than sex.

Tim H.
:bunny: :smoke:

Last edited:

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
That was Yesterday.

I was holding out hope that the IMF, and the U.S. were going to make Dumbo jump through hoops like a show dog, and just keep stringing him along with the promise of getting the money,(Bone) and just wait until LF, became President. This way Leonel Fernandez, could blame all of the new taxes and what-not's on Dumbo and his crew. :laugh:

I heard this morning, that Dumbo got the IMF agreement.
Now the DR will be CREDIT WORTHY enough to go get more loans from other sources.

NOOOOOOO, it can't be!!!! Tell me I heard wrong, that I mis-translated it, and that Leonel Fernandez is not hiding under the bed anymore, and that Dumbo didn't just get Credit, plus cash to BUY the election. :devious:

Have you ever seen pigs eating at trough????
Now every body will line up behind Dumbo, to show their support, and get their share.

Hell, he killed the PRD and replaced it with the PPH, those that were upset before-
Silence is MONEY!

That?s it folks, that?s all she wrote,!
Dumbo is President, 4 more years, no-body can touch him now. :disappoin

If you thought it was bad now, wait- It's not over yet, 2 more years of running this country on loans, then wait and see what happens.
They will be calling this the good old days, compared to whats coming! :angry:

And, I don't agree with what the Polls say right now.
Shure aske the people about their Government, when there has been
sin luz, diesel para la planta, no hay Cerveza fria, ni bachata, por 3 semanas.
And of course Dumbo is the Loser! A Sanki from the MFMWFV Forum would be better than him!!! :alien:

But people, have short memories, now that there is CASH in Dumbos hands, everything will be fine until the elections. :knockedou :knockedou

Somebody wake-up Leonel, when it's all over, and tell him he lost.
Oh yeah, I just read he's in NY, working on the content of his campaign.

Tim H.

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Oh I did. Now let's see if I get kicked out of the country

I did write to them. I asked them to look closely at three things: The RENOVE mess; His house in Jarabacoa; and the Babinter fiasco.

HB

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I did, too. Fortunately, they can't kick me out of the country :p

I received this response this morning in my e-mail:

Dear Ms. Burgos,

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns and frustration with us.

We recognize that some countries face daunting challenges on the road to economic betterment and that change often comes very slowly. In working with its member governments, the IMF stresses the importance of good governance, transparency, and accountability to its citizens. But it cannot interfere in a country's domestic political process.

We invite you to review the IMF's documents on the Dominican Republic, some of which refer to the efforts that are being made to correct past problems. Please see the following: http://www.imf.org/external/country/dom/index.htm

Here are a few more pages that will give you an idea of the IMF's role in poor countries and other important issues related to the work of the IMF: http://www.imf.org/external/np/exr/facts/poor.htm, http://www.imf.org/external/np/exr/facts/howlend.htm, http://www.imf.org/external/np/exr/ccrit/eng/cri.htm

We hope this information helps.

Public Affairs Division
External Relations Department
International Monetary Fund
http://www.imf.org
E-mail: publicaffairs@imf.org

Apr 26, 2002
Well I for one am completely satisfied with the IMF's response. It was not formulistic at all. They definitely addressed all of the systemic problems with their DR policies in their response. And I'm glad to see that they don't just handle all "poor countries" the same way.

We Canadians and Northern Europeans can now rest well at night knowing that our multilateral organizations are selflessly working for the betterment of the Dominican people and will not let anything stand in their way. And, after all, feeling good about our governments is what liberalism is all about.

You see, they really do have "good intentions."