17.8 Pound Baby Boy born in Santiago

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
:laugh: A healthy baby boy of 17.8 pounds was presented to the D.R. this past Wednesday in Santiago at the Hospital General Santiago Rodr?guez. He has not been given a name yet. His mother is Altagracia Jim?nez and father is V?ctor Peralta, a farmer. May he have a long, healthy, and productive life. Wow!!!!!!

The full story is in Thursday's edition of El Nacional.

Regards, PJT

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
weight

i was 11 pound at my birth and mum recalls that as seriously painful. 17.8 pounds wow was it delivered on a pallet :D

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
I had a boyfriend that was born at 13.5 lbs. Customarily those babies would be checked for diabetes, that wasn't his case. Since he was the youngest of 6, and none of them weighted less than 10 lbs at birth, the doctors just figured that mom just produced big babies.

Too sad none of that weight was brain.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
I know I'm going to sound like Carolina from El Basilon on Mega...

MY cousin had a 14 lb baby about 12 years ago - vaginal!!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Prepare him for a lifetime of jokes like "what's the weather like up there?" and basketball references.

Chiri

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Well first off it was in Santiago Rodr?guez not Santiago de los Caballeros

Santiago Reodriguez is often called Sabaneta. The baby was delivered by C-Section...

he stopped by here yesterday for some coffee...

HB

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
birth weight

hi mike
i didnt know that we had to include 'precircumsicion weight'...if so that would have added a whole 2 more pounds to my birth weight. Unfortunately i cant prove it as it was battered and sold as calamari.
Imagine being 17 pounds and having your head stuck in the vagina........all i have to say is that from the age of 14 that (male??) kid will spend the rest of his life trying to get his head back in there. I personally have made a career of it

Last edited:

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
My God!

Talldrink
I know I'm going to sound like Carolina from El Basilon on Mega...
MY cousin had a 14 lb baby about 12 years ago - vaginal!!
:confused:

Chris NJ
and how big is the baby now?

Forget how big is the kid now! How big is your cousin's you know what- after that??????
I feel sorry for her guy, if he stood there to watch that one OMG!!!!! :speechles :speechles

Tim H. :smoke:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Was the mother overdue?

Anyone know what the heaviest newborn on record is?

I wonder how heavy Criss Colon was when he was born??

Larry

Last edited:

GeoMan1969

Feb 13, 2004
17.8 Lbs baby

Hola a todos!!!!

Alguien pregunto sobre el record el peso al nacer del nino mas grande del mundo. Creo que hace 6 anos, en Sudafrica nacio una nina de 24 Lbs. Mi memoria quizas me falla con los detalels exactos, pero si se que fueron mas de 20 lbs al nacer...

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
This should be in Ripley's, 17+ lb baby born in the same country where world's smallest man, Nelson de la Rosa, was born. Nelson weighs in at 15 lbs., (Guiness 1990 record book).

PJT remembers going to the Mercado Modelo in S.D. when Nelson had the run of the place and having tiny Nelson stand in the palm of his hand. PJT gave Nelson a 5 peso coin and he had some difficulty managing the piece to his shirt pocket because of its weight.

Regards, PJT

S

Stephen

The Guinness Book of Records says the heaviest baby ever born was in Illinois in 1939 weighing 29lbs 4oz.