Swimming in Santo Domingo

JamesV

Jan 15, 2004
I'm going to be staying in the DR for a while and swimming is my favorite exercise. Can anyone tell me the telephone numbers and locations of good swimming pools in Santo Domingo. So far Ive just found one at the body shop but its a bit small. I would real love to swim in the Olympic swimming pool but Im not sure if regular swimming there for exercise purposes is possible.

Aidan

Jan 15, 2004
JamesV said:
I'm going to be staying in the DR for a while and swimming is my favorite exercise. Can anyone tell me the telephone numbers and locations of good swimming pools in Santo Domingo. So far Ive just found one at the body shop but its a bit small. I would real love to swim in the Olympic swimming pool but Im not sure if regular swimming there for exercise purposes is possible.

Go to the olimpic stadium. there is a olimpic pool 50 meters; it is located on 27 de febrero with maximo gomez. Went you go there ask for the price.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Aidan said:
Go to the olimpic stadium. there is a olimpic pool 50 meters; it is located on 27 de febrero with maximo gomez. Went you go there ask for the price.

Is it open to the public?

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
The Dominican Fiesta #1

You can join as a club member, or go on a day pass.
The day pass has 2 prices.
1, Just the pool. $????
2, The pool, with an all you can eat, lunch buffet.
#2, kids $200. Adults $300. Pesos.

It has a huge adult pool with a swim-up bar, and a huge kiddy pool.
It' also has a kids, supervised play area.
Changing cabanas for the day included.

The Jaragua & El Embajador, offer the same for more money and smaller pools.

Tim H.