Presidente gets some competition

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
AmBev, the world`s fifth largest brewer and Brazil`s leading Beverage Company, announced its decision to enter the Dominican Republic`s beverage market, competing in both the beer and soft drinks segments.

Moving into the DR

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
Robert said:
AmBev, the world`s fifth largest brewer and Brazil`s leading Beverage Company, announced its decision to enter the Dominican Republic`s beverage market, competing in both the beer and soft drinks segments.

Moving into the DR

yes....but the beer will probably go the same way as cerveza dry, guinness, soberana.

....run by the same presidente people like heineken or even be bought out by them like bohemia.

....or be as much competition as quisqueya and barly's.

....or be directed towards the women and homosexual markets like miller and budweiser.

......but let's hope the beer is a good one. a little competition doesn't hurt any one

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
bochinche said:
yes....but the beer will probably go the same way as cerveza dry, guinness, soberana.

....run by the same presidente people like heineken or even be bought out by them like bohemia.

....or be as much competition as quisqueya and barly's.

....or be directed towards the women and homosexual markets like miller and budweiser.

......but let's hope the beer is a good one. a little competition doesn't hurt any one
Ambev makes Antartica, Brahma & Skol beers, which are much better than Miller, Bud, or Quisqueya [personally, outside of Belgian beers, the only beer I like better than Brahma chopp (Rob knows what I'm talking about! :) ) is Presidente, and even so, it's a close call]. Ambev has also proven a tough competitor in the beer markets of Latin America, fast becoming a major player in the region. Don't be too quick to dismiss them!

Best Regards,
Keith

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
The What Markets??!?!

bochinche said:
...or be directed towards the women and homosexual markets like miller and budweiser.
So ... you're saying they'll be aiming to capture the Cotui market?

:confused:

Tom aka XR

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
XanaduRanch said:
So ... you're saying they'll be aiming to capture the Cotui market?

:confused:

Tom aka XR

What the...? XR: What was that about? Cotui? I don't think Cotui is known for having a large homosexual population...I thought Puerto Plata held that tittle in the DR. The women I can understand...ehem
Are you trying to get a rise out of me? You know I have to defend Cotui.

I like the fact the Presidente will have some competition...Even though I drink a ton of it when I go home, I just wish they would sell spaten or warsteiner in the DR.

Ambev

Ambev sells some of their stuff in the liquor stores here in Canada, it is simply awful stuff. If it is the same stuff they are going to bottle in the DR then Presidente has no worries. I wish the LCBO would import some Presidente and forget importing the Brazilian crap.

?Hlywud

Apr 26, 2002
Yes, "awful" is the word to describe Brahma Chopp. It's worse than tasteless. Antarctica is better. But Brahma seems to be their "international" brand. No worries, Leon Jiminez.

Also, Brazil has no cache value. Best I can tell, the idiots in the Parque Central Jarabacoa that spend extra to drink Miller (far inferior to Presidente) do so because it's more expensive and American (thus, apparently, advertising that they are Dominican Yorks or have good connections to Dominican Yorks' money). If they wanted tasteless swill, they should buy Sobrerana and save their pesos.

BTW, if you access the AMBEV website and look up the individual beers, each one contains a description of how the company carefully removes the taste from their products to meet the "demands of the palate"; whereas Dominicans (thank God) have shown that they want a bite to their beer.

Last edited:

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Brahma is OK. the Brahma girls are very CUTE though. Skol is Ok. I think that Presidente will taste bette rin DR and Brahma tastes better in Rio. . . . but what do I know?

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
PR, have you ever had real Brahma Chopp? It is draft beer, only available from the tap (not bottles), and as far as I know, only in Brazil, where I love sipping it on Ipanema Beach, watching the scenery go by.... :)