I come in peace....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapadou

Feb 14, 2004
how time have changed................

America welcomes immigrants from all corners of the world. Over time the old immigrants have turned on the new and recent ones. OH how the times have changed indeed.

Some ascribe all that is bad, ugly and poor to Africa. I am new to this forum, what rude awakening what a welcome mat I was served with by Criss Colon.

Immigrants from all over the world have come to America for bigger and better opportunities, all mostly for economic reasons because back home things aren't so gravy. But yet some want to give the appearance that things have always been otherwise. One can fool themselves all they want but the reality is, Haitians, Jamaicans, Trinidadians, Asians, Europeans, Africans and yes DOminicans have taken to the seas (Boat People) to reach this land of opportunities.

We must not fool ourselves by ascribing only bad things to particular peoples or nations. We all have good and bad things that have plagued our past and continues in the present times.

Must I deny my mother because she's poor and uneducated. Must I deny my mother because she's not what I wanted her to be. Must I deny my mother for the fact of denying her. Some things no matter what we do we can never get rid of, one look in the mirror and reality hits.

One thing I 've realized is, We're all in the same boat, believe it or not!

Although words of hate were directed towards my person, I've turned the other cheek and in return I've got nothing but love for all, nothing but love.

Let us put a little love in our hearts, stop the madness....

Last edited:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
buddy......

Try doing these two things:

1) make peace with yourself and your background and stop looking for reassurance on a message board, and

2) Stop trying to shove your culture down everyones throat. If you did, you would be recieved better.

Larry

Apr 26, 2002
Though this thread has a five minute lifespan ...

... because it has little or no DR connection, I still think that Criss closed your previous thread in the wrong way.

The topic of race/Haiti has been beaten to death in these forums - and always after blood being drawn. You are posting nothing new nor providing any novel insight into an old issue. There was simply no reason to go through it again.

But Criss couldn't just close it. Instead, he commented in a rash, inciteful and biased way, and then closed argument. A bully-pulpet does not lend itself to "debate".

Your starting a new thread was also completely predictable, as will be the outcome of your future threads.

Rapadou

Feb 14, 2004
My culture huh? Bingo!

I rest my peace. I can clearly see when I am not welcomed in a place.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind said the Great Marley.

We can always dream can't we?

Larry said:
Try doing these two things:

1) make peace with yourself and your background and stop looking for reassurance on a message board, and

2) Stop trying to shove your culture down everyones throat. If you did, you would be recieved better.

Larry

Rapadou

Feb 14, 2004
Thank you, finally someone with a rational point of view.

Ascribing all things that are bad to Africa and Haiti, will not cut it. Denial indeed is not just a river in Egypt.

With all that bad and terrible many have associated with Africa/Haiti, my love for the two will not cease to end. I can never alter my ancestry no matter how much I try to put it under the mat, one look in the mirror that's all it takes. I am the son of my parents, one can adopt me but I can never carry their blood type. I am the son of my parents INDEED!

You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time. One day they'll realize the only ones they're fooling is themselves..................

Porfio_Rubirosa said:
... because it has little or no DR connection, I still think that Criss closed your previous thread in the wrong way.

The topic of race/Haiti has been beaten to death in these forums - and always after blood being drawn. You are posting nothing new nor providing any novel insight into an old issue. There was simply no reason to go through it again.

But Criss couldn't just close it. Instead, he commented in a rash, inciteful and biased way, and then closed argument. A bully-pulpet does not lend itself to "debate".

Your starting a new thread was also completely predictable, as will be the outcome of your future threads.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
My culture huh? Bingo!--Rapadou

I guess I need to add "culture" to the list of words that it is politically incorrect to say. I hate tiptoeing around sensitive people constantly looking for reassurance and pointing fingers. Forget I ever responded to your thread and please continue with your quest for whatever you need to fill your void.

Larry

Rapadou

Feb 14, 2004
Culture belongs to no man. In this revolving melting pot world of ours, all of our cultures someway somehow are influenced by one another's. Culture belongs to all of us, whether we chose to admit or deny it that's another issue.

And no it's not my culutre it's OUR CULTURE! The rest is history........................

Larry said:
My culture huh? Bingo!--Rapadou

I guess I need to add "culture" to the list of words that it is politically incorrect to say. I hate tiptoeing around sensitive people constantly looking for reassurance and pointing fingers. Forget I ever responded to your thread and please continue with your quest for whatever you need to fill your void.

Larry

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
In case you didn't know this we are NOT allowed to discuss "race" AND anything that is not DR related. Criss didn't close that thread.

Rapadou

Feb 14, 2004
Dear Moderator:

I am new here, I had the impression that this was an open forum. A place for discussions (social issues) and express our opinions freely. I wasn't aware of the restrictions, pardon my inflicting such a sensitive issue on the planet of DR1.

It was never my intentions to start WWlll, I just thought maybe it was something that we can all agree to disagree on, but remain civil about it. I guess in a way I wasn't prepared for the barrage of insults that was directed towards my person and my ancestry and that of the poster, whether he wants to admit it or not.

My deepest regrets for having brought forth such a sensitive topic..................regrets

Anna Coniglio said:
In case you didn't know this we are NOT allowed to discuss "race" AND anything that is not DR related. Criss didn't close that thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.