solar cell to power home appliances

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
hi
ive heard about the above solar cell power generators, does anyone have any info on who is selling it, price, what you can run off of it ect
thanks

Bolt

Jun 12, 2002
www.wireless-alarms.com
There is a stack of information on earlier posts regarding solar panels, solar electric plus windpower other and related topics. So press SEARCH at top of page and start reading! :)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I suggest you speak to Allison Archambault email: allison@SoluzUSA.com

She is VERY knowledgeable and has a lot of experience of doing this in the DR.
She is based in Santiago and is originally from the USA.

a.m.a.

Feb 17, 2004
Solar solutions

Thank you, Robert, for that recommendation.

Size and cost of solar panels for supplementing grid electricity or for disconnecting from the grid really depends on what you're looking to power and, if you're still connected to the grid, how frequently you count on the power staying on.

Panels are most cost effective in situations where there is no grid connection (or very poor grid service) and where energy needs are low. Usually people work on reducing consumption (by installing compact fluorescent lights, etc.) at the same time that they install panels in order to reduce the size of the system they need.

Air conditioners and refrigerators generally draw more juice than people are willing to supply with solar. Committed souls can buy low-consumption solar fridges that run on just a couple of panels, but, other than running extra fans, there's no easy fix for AC.

In terms of price, everything depends on the size of the system you'll need. Soluz offers solar "Plantas Soluz" of various sizes as well as customized systems. While solar alleviates the headaches associated with long apagones and gas shortages for the planta, solar systems do remain expensive compared to the CDE. (read: generally 1000's of dollars.)

If anybody does want further, specific information about solar please don't hesitate to PM me or email me at allison@SoluzUSA.com.

Energetically yours,
Allison