USA Comcast vs. Codetel - EMAIL CONFLICT??

T

TiberiusMineola

I live in the DR & use Codetel as my ISP provider & primary email address. I have several friends in the States who use Comcast as their ISP & for email. A typical USA Comcast email address is 'abc@comcast.net'. During the past 6 - 9 months, or so, all of my Codetel originated email has been rejected by all Comcast email addressees, with the explanation: blocked by "blacklist.net.mail.ops.asp.att.net." With sufficient provocacation, I logged onto Comcast [www.comcast.net] & requested an explantion; however, since I'm not a Comcast customer, I couldn't enter the customer service nor gneral questions areas; I could obtain no explanations. Has anyone had similar experiences? Any way to overcome this 'blockage' by Comcast? What are Comcast's reasons for doing this? Thank you.
ps. I can work my way around this problem most of the time by iusing a Hotmail or Yahoo email adress with Codetel as the ISP. This seems to resolve this problem, message by message; this procedure is both slow & cumbersome. All suggestions will be gratefully accepted.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
TiberiusMineola said:
I live in the DR & use Codetel as my ISP provider & primary email address. I have several friends in the States who use Comcast as their ISP & for email. A typical USA Comcast email address is 'abc@comcast.net'. During the past 6 - 9 months, or so, all of my Codetel originated email has been rejected by all Comcast email addressees, with the explanation: blocked by "blacklist.net.mail.ops.asp.att.net." With sufficient provocacation, I logged onto Comcast [www.comcast.net] & requested an explantion; however, since I'm not a Comcast customer, I couldn't enter the customer service nor gneral questions areas; I could obtain no explanations. Has anyone had similar experiences? Any way to overcome this 'blockage' by Comcast? What are Comcast's reasons for doing this? Thank you.
ps. I can work my way around this problem most of the time by iusing a Hotmail or Yahoo email adress with Codetel as the ISP. This seems to resolve this problem, message by message; this procedure is both slow & cumbersome. All suggestions will be gratefully accepted.

Spamming.

I hear things are changing, but Codetel used to be a great host to spam from, hence the black listing. The chances of you getting the block lifted are very slim.