las terrenas hotels

bert

Feb 15, 2004
we stayed at the aloha bunglaows a few years ago and loved it. any recent reviews?
other pleasant inexpensive hotels??

Last edited:

TravelinJones

Dec 11, 2003
Raf said:
We stayed in last september in Casa Nina Beach Hotel, it was great and no expensive. You can read details on this post http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29313 (not mine)

Raf

Thanks for plugging my trip report! I will confirm that Casa Nina was very nice and not expensive, with breakfast included. We just showed up and grabbed a room, I don't think you'll need to reserve.

Also in my trip report there is a link to my photos, with a few of Casa Nina.

bert

Feb 15, 2004
thanks for the info raf and tj

is there a phone directory for las terrenas that can be accessed online??

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
Las Terrenas hotels

Captdavid said:
Hotel Colibri is the greatest in Las Terranas
I have to agree with you, "Playa Colibri" is one of the best hotels in Las Terrenas. The apartments are big with a full kitchen, but we don't bother to cook because the restaurant on the premises serves fantastic meals.
The chef-fisherman(he catches the fish every morning) prepared some of the best meals we have ever ate in DR. The meals were inexpensive, too. For example a lunch for two consisting of 2 panini sandwiches, 2 presidente and 2 expresso for less then $8usd(January 2004). The Chef is italian, so every meal is with an Italian touch, a little more garlic, more oregono, antipasto, fresh pasta, etc. Average dinner cost was less then $25usd for two, without wine or beer, but with expresso cafe.
Ooops, this supossed to be about hotels in Las Terrenas and I am rambling about the good food at Playa Colibri restaurant.....sorry.
WebDev

bert

Feb 15, 2004
thanks for taking the time to reply

:) we just bought tickets and we can't wait to get back to paradise. But maybe we shouldn't be in such a rush the temperature here in Vermont is above freezing for the first time in many weeks.
WebDev said:
I have to agree with you, "Playa Colibri" is one of the best hotels in Las Terrenas. The apartments are big with a full kitchen, but we don't bother to cook because the restaurant on the premises serves fantastic meals.
The chef-fisherman(he catches the fish every morning) prepared some of the best meals we have ever ate in DR. The meals were inexpensive, too. For example a lunch for two consisting of 2 panini sandwiches, 2 presidente and 2 expresso for less then $8usd(January 2004). The Chef is italian, so every meal is with an Italian touch, a little more garlic, more oregono, antipasto, fresh pasta, etc. Average dinner cost was less then $25usd for two, without wine or beer, but with expresso cafe.
Ooops, this supossed to be about hotels in Las Terrenas and I am rambling about the good food at Playa Colibri restaurant.....sorry.
WebDev

Captdavid

Feb 19, 2004
Just got back from our apartment at Playa Colibri in Las Terrenas and can't wait to go back in a couple of weeks. (we are living temporarily in Santo Dominigo). This is the only place I would recommend. Excellent administration, friendly atmosphere, beautiful surroundings, 24-hour security. The girls at the front desk are the most gracious. And last but not least, I have to also mention the great restaurant. Grazziano, the manager and chef, is doing a great job. And his enthusiasm is contagious. The food is the best in Las Terrenas.

Corky