Questions about Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

mateoplaya1188

Feb 15, 2004
I am doing paper for school in this city.

attractions?
famous places?
service of the hotels?
food?
history of santo dimingo?
festivals/important cultural events?
type of people (inhabitants and tourists)?

Thank you. :)

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Oh Please.......

mateoplaya1188 said:
I am doing paper for school in this city.

attractions?
famous places?
service of the hotels?
food?
history of santo dimingo?
festivals/important cultural events?
type of people (inhabitants and tourists)?

Thank you. :)

You missed a question:

People who post here who are too lazy to do any research at all and expect a bunch of people to write their paper for them? Answer: You.

Get a book or check the internet first for God's sake.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Why?

Nal0whs said:
Here are some sites on Dominican Republic and Santo Domingo you might want to check.

www.sdq.com
www.dominicanrepublic.com
www.hispaniola.com
www.mundodominicano.com
www.el-bohio.com

Give the kid a break, phooey: if he can find this site he can do basic research online with google and find these same sites. It is SCHOOL you know, not teaching how interview other people, but to LEARN. You have Grade 12 students that are functionally illiterate looking for work you know.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
It's not his fault for being a lazy student or not motivated enough to actually search something. This is the effect of Capitalism American way. People always talk about "free-market", "free capitalism", blah blah blah and then the same people complaint about the new pop culture that revolves around being lazy and thinking how bad ones life either is or could be. Look at what most young kids are listening today, watching on TV, and talking among themselves. Whose to blame, the corporate folks? No, the everyday joe that embrace such ruthless unculture acts in society. Well, in the name of Criss Colon "Now take your medicine!"

bcmike

Jan 29, 2004
Au contraire...it IS his fault he's lazy.

And don't blame "Capitalist Pig America" for that. Last time I looked , being the capitalist meant working your arse off to get what you wanted as opposed to the other option (see Castro, Fidel ). I will agree that Everyday Joe is lazy, that's why he IS Everyday Joe, for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.