Cost to call U.S. from centro de llamada

Jennymiga

Feb 5, 2004
...I think they are called "centros de llamada..." The places where you can go to make telephone calls and use the internet? At any rate: at these places, roughly how much does it cost to call the U.S.? (per minute, or if the fees are calculated by any other means/cost to connect, etc).

In calling there from the U.S. I am able to call for about .12 per minute. I am wondering if the cost for calling to the US from there is comparable, or if it is Waaaaaaay higher or what.

Thanks

JennyMiga. :)

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
Do yourself a favor and get a cell phone from Centenial. Don't get one that you have to buy prepaid calling cards, you want the normal type where you get a bill each month.

With your cell phone it costs 1.9 pesos per minute to call anywhere in the US.

With a land line from Tricom it costs 3 pesos per minute to call anywhere in the US.

Bottom line, you are getting robbed at 12 cents per minute.

Jennymiga

Feb 5, 2004
cost to call

That is very good information for when I get there. Thanks.

But, I am wondering out of curiosity's sake how much it DOES cost to call out from one of the "centros de llamada" (if that is even what they are called).

gerd

Jan 10, 2002
Jennymiga said:
That is very good information for when I get there. Thanks.

But, I am wondering out of curiosity's sake how much it DOES cost to call out from one of the "centros de llamada" (if that is even what they are called).

Depends on the centro de llamadas. You may pay between RD$5 up to RD$20 for calls to the US. Always ask first.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
And calling cards from the US are MUCH

Cheaper that US$0.12 a minute! You are wasting a lot of money on your "honey"

HB

Jennymiga

Feb 5, 2004
cost to call

Yeah, but the daily income isn't the same in the DR as it is here...So, then I think it is fair that it does not cost as much to call from the DR to the US.

?

I don't think that .12 per minute to call internationally is bad at all, considering that most long distance calls are .07 to .10 per minute state to state in the US.

Maybe I am being dense...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You are

A five dollar card in the States let you call the DR for 90 minutes, I think. the cost is about 3? a minute...Even if I am 100 % off they are still cheaper than 12? a minute

HB

Jennymiga

Feb 5, 2004
calling card

OK:
So, where would I go to get a calling card for that price? Can you get them over the internet? If you have the company name or website, I would appreciate it tremendously.

Thanks......

ride2hard

Feb 11, 2004
what does RD$6.85 come out to per minute? that's what i pay. or i use my DSL service to make a VOIP call US$.02 a minute.