Renting an apartment-how much advance notice needed?

Jennymiga

Feb 5, 2004
So, any typical standard in about how quickly one can move into an apartment (assuming there are vacancies) and payment can be made?

Can you move in the same day?

Any apartment that I have rented here, usually I have signed the paperwork and agreed upon the rent/move-in day at least a month or 2 in advance. I am thinking that there are not as many formalities?

My main concern is: If I "arrive" in Santo Domingo this summer....and go apartment hunting when I get there....am I going to have to wait an extended period of time to move in? What are your suggestions? I have some aquaintences there and am sure I can arrange to stay a few nights with some people, but if it generally takes longer than a few days to a week to be allowed to move into an apartment, I believe I should have a backup plan rather than just arriving.

Thoughts?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
If the apartment is vacant, chances are excellent you will be able to move right in. Especially now with the economy in shambles. Money in your hand will get you almost anything.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Do you realize that most apartment rentals here require a "co-signer"?

You will also need 3 or 4 months security deposit.A deposite for your phone service,and a deposit for your electric service.You might consider renting a furnished room,or efficiency apt in a house.They come furnished with all "services,cable tv,water,electric,telephone,"air"! Lots of adds for these type arrangements in the daily papers.Most looking for female students.It gets you settled with no hassel!Cris Colon