any canadians out there?

snow white

Feb 17, 2004
I just decided that you are only young once and I was going to move to the DR for about 3 months. I'm just wondering if there are any younger Canadians out there in Puerto Plata and if they have any advice to me... Am I insane going there knowing pretty much no one?

bigD

Aug 11, 2003
Ima Canadian here eh! (well in transition anyways)

No parly vous Francais - or was that - "gimme deux eggs side by each slimy parts skywerd"

should be full time in the DR sometime late march ...

BigD (Darryl)

lilcanadiangal

Jan 23, 2004
You're not going to be the only one...

Hi snow white,

I'm a young Canadian student going down from April until August to Puerto Plata. When are you going to be there from? Also, where in Canada are you from?

lilcanadiangal :cool:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Jeez, golly,

next we'll be gettin' a bunch of newfies down here, eh?

More than you can shake a stick at...

HB

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Aw... come on guys...

Mr. Mike and Hillbilly - you know that it is your tremendous wit and charm that is attracting them all - don't you??
LOL - if the newfies start flocking, you will have to learn yet another language!!!!

suz

Mar 13, 2004
Are you in PPlata?

hey, are you still in DR? I know a young 18 Cdn girl also going nuts down there with kmowing no one.

snow white said:
I just decided that you are only young once and I was going to move to the DR for about 3 months. I'm just wondering if there are any younger Canadians out there in Puerto Plata and if they have any advice to me... Am I insane going there knowing pretty much no one?

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
You are not insane

snow white said:

Hi Snow white,

I don't think you are insane for going to DR for 3 month alone, at least you are not just moving there without checking it out first.

I am not sure if there are any Canadians in Purto Plata, but I know a very nice Danish guy that would show you around, if you like, who moved there few years ago.

There are a lot of Canadians in Sosua and that's only few minutes away from Puerto Plata, who would help you in any way possible. I know that from personal experience, as I lived in Osua for 6 month.
If you need any help, do not hesitate to contact me anytime.

Best of luck!