Haiti uprising and DR

keepark

Nov 16, 2003
Can anyone tell me if the instability in Haiti which we in US hear about daily has had any effect in DR, especially Cabarete area?
We are planning a visit March 6th and any information would be appreciated

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Cabarete area?

I don't think there would be any affect on Cabarete but within a few months, Sosua will become "Litte Haiti". It was already infested with Hatians but with the current influx of Hatians, it will become swarmed with Hatian prostitutes and peddlers as they already have their claws dug into the ground there.
Larry

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Sounds Like Great Fun!

Larry said:
I don't think there would be any affect on Cabarete but within a few months, Sosua will become "Litte Haiti". It was already infested with Hatians but with the current influx of Hatians, it will become swarmed with Hatian prostitutes.
Don't tell AZB, Larry! UBH's everywhere!!!!

Tom aka XR

keepark

Nov 16, 2003
Am I correct in thinking that the travel industry in DR has not been affected by the Haitian situation? Should we be concerned about our safety in travelling to POP and staying in Cabarete for a week?

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
keepark said:
Am I correct in thinking that the travel industry in DR has not been affected by the Haitian situation? Should we be concerned about our safety in travelling to POP and staying in Cabarete for a week?

You are correct here. The resorts WILL NOT let ANYone come between you - the money- and their resorts. they are very good at guarding their property when it comes to that. I dont think you will have any problems in your stay.

Have fun!