What do the Kids there Like?

Tonynocker

Feb 17, 2004
I have heard the baseball's gloves. Stickers and coloring books. And the need for school - pads, pencils

But if im walking down the street and want to give a kid a present to make his day what would do that?

No Van pulling up with a bag of candy or a little kitten or anything like that. Just wondering what my wife and I can do to put a few smiles in their faces. We know they will be making us smile too.

-Tony

Scoobster

Sep 30, 2003
Just about anything!

Tonynocker said:
But if im walking down the street and want to give a kid a present to make his day what would do that?

-Tony

Actually just about anything, but make sure that you have a good amount of what-ever you are going to dispence...this coming from experience.

I have found that hats...ballcaps, are a favourite.

Stay away from candy, unless sugar free of course.

Have a safe trip.

Cheers
Jimmy

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am afraid you'd be mobbed

Something like this would be hard to control. Maybe some hard candy like sour balls....

Anything more will get you mobbed.

Keep your donations on a more organized plane and you will be getting a bigger bang for the work you are doing...If on the North Shore, there is an organization in Sosua that will be happy to take care of you. Try the Britannia Pub...Talk to Lindin...571 1959

Scoobster

Sep 30, 2003
Think of thier teeth!

Tonynocker said:
What?? the kids there don't like chocolate?

Hell ya I would think that they LOVE it....but you must think of thier teeth, and thier access to dental work, and affordability.

Pencils.....notepads........etc.......

As I stated previously...once you start to give a few things away on the street, even as a random act...you will create an enviorment for yourself that you may not wish to be in the center of. It happened to the couple that we travelled with this past January.

There are many good threads on here (check out the "challenge" thread) with many good orginizations looking for donations.

Good luck, I am sure that you will hear tons more input.

Cheers
Jimmy