Moving to DR in June04

Cfresh4

Feb 18, 2004
Hey, :alien:
I'm planning to move to DR in June and I am interested in renting a home with 3 bedrooms or 2 bedrooms but it needs to be large. It definitely needs to have back up generator "full planta" and AC... In a quite neighborhood. Does anyone know of cities that are great to raise small children? Also does anyone know of bilingual elementary schools for grades 4 and 2? My daughters do not speak Spanish, just English. I also need info. in private universities that I can transfer from USA university to continue my studies in Accounting.

Thank you, I appreciate any resources or info. that will help my transition to DR.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Cfresh4 said:
Hey, :alien:
I'm planning to move to DR in June and I am interested in renting a home with 3 bedrooms or 2 bedrooms but it needs to be large. It definitely needs to have back up generator "full planta" and AC... In a quite neighborhood. Does anyone know of cities that are great to raise small children? Also does anyone know of bilingual elementary schools for grades 4 and 2? My daughters do not speak Spanish, just English. I also need info. in private universities that I can transfer from USA university to continue my studies in Accounting.

Thank you, I appreciate any resources or info. that will help my transition to DR.

Let's start with...

1) How much time have you spent in the DR?
2) Have you spent many hours using the search function of the message board and reading the Living section of this website?
3) Have you read everything in this thread? http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23103

Rob.

NonDormant

Jan 27, 2004
Schools in the capital

Try the Dominico-American school
http://www.dominicoamericano.edu.do/

I tried multiple (longer) posts, and just got multiple crashes. I will be moving from Texas soon with my son, and I have already done extensive research on schools in the capital.

PM or email for my information.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
NonDormant said:
Try the Dominico-American school
http://www.dominicoamericano.edu.do/

I tried multiple (longer) posts, and just got multiple crashes. I will be moving from Texas soon with my son, and I have already done extensive research on schools in the capital.

PM or email for my information.

Please share your research.

From what I hear, Dominico-American is not rated as highly as some other
bilingual schools here in the capital.

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Hola Cfresh4!!!!!

DR1 has---
Threads: 27,559, Posts: 181,174, Members: 6,228
Welcome to our newest member, noirmont2336

Do your homework (Search, Search, and Search again!)
Ask your questions.
And Good Luck!

A Good Place to Start.
Popular Post's / Past Sticky's. Required reading for Newbies!!! NEW! NEW! NEW!

With Topics Like.....
MEDICAL / MONEY / ADVICE
MOVING TO THE DR
* WORKING IN THE DR / AND WORK RESOURCES.*
*ENGLISH / SPANISH PHRASE GUIDE.*
And more!!!!

Cfresh4, don't forget to check out the link for todays exchange rate.
Todays exchange rate

By the way---
Welcome to DR1!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

My pick for #1 on schools.

By far, New Horizons offered the most for the dollar.
About the same for a good Catholic school back home in NY.

Well worth a visit, They have a large library,
the school is wired for I-net in the class.
And it is Bi-lingual.

Check them out.

New Horizons Bi-Lingual School

Ave. Sarasota 51, Bella Vista,
Santo Domingo, Rep?blica Dominicana.
Tel (809) 533-4915 ext. 501, 502, 503
Fax (809) 534-9171
Homepage:
www.gcnewhorizons.net
E-mail:
info@gcnewhorizons.net

Check out the class webcams, M-F, they turn them off after school and weekends.

For more about schools, look at this past Thread.
Recommended School Thread.

Thanks
Tim H. :smoke:

Help, and be Helped.
That?s why were here!!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Universities

Be aware that accounting here will not prepare you for your CPA exam in the States. that said: INTEC, PUCMM (www.pucmm.edu.do) or APEC should do you well.

New Horizons is the #1 rated school in the DR...

HB

Cfresh4

Feb 18, 2004
Yes, I did!

Robert said:
Let's start with...

1) How much time have you spent in the DR?
2) Have you spent many hours using the search function of the message board and reading the Living section of this website?
3) Have you read everything in this thread? http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23103

Rob.

Dude who are you the DR watch patrol? :mad: For your info. I have been planning my move to DR for a year and have been receiving the DR newsletter. Yes, I read the message board and I decided to chat with others and post the questions and see what kind of feedback I'll get back.

Thank and do take it eeeeezzzzzzzzzz!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
He Owns the Site, You Rude Person

Cfresh4 said:
Dude who are you the DR watch patrol? :mad: For your info. I have been planning my move to DR for a year and have been receiving the DR newsletter. Yes, I read the message board and I decided to chat with others and post the questions and see what kind of feedback I'll get back.

Thank and do take it eeeeezzzzzzzzzz!

Your terrible attitude belongs elsewhere not here.