Visiting Visa

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
I had posted this question before the board was upgraded, so I think it got lost.

My friend who lives in DR has fam here in the US that wants her to apply for a visitor's visa. They are going to sponsor her and all. She has land and owns a business in DR, which tie her to the country. the question is, can they apply for her here or does she have to do it in DR? The question came up because of the sheer amount of people that are in SD everyday asking for the same thing. So can she go around this and have the paperwork started in the US?

Thanks for the input.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
I know nothing about this case in particular, but it sounds odd to request a visitor's visa in the destination country. Of course I may have misunderstimated your question :cheeky:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Pib said:
I know nothing about this case in particular, but it sounds odd to request a visitor's visa in the destination country. Of course I may have misunderstimated your question :cheeky:

;) you haven't made up a new word for a long time Pib. I like that one.

Talldrink it's not lost click here

pati

Feb 3, 2004
The people I know who have sponsered people in DR did it from where ever they live.So if the sponsers live in New Jersey then they would ask an attorney in NJ to start the process..

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
My opinion

That person have 70% to get the visa there are cases that not matter what you have some times the US consulate refuse the visa.

There many people in the DR. Having house, family, Car, farm, business and some $$, and still they try to find an escuse to say no. All the process need to be via the US consulate in Santo Domingo because that's the place that may get an interview.

Good luck with the process.

Homer

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Thanks Homer, that is true, it is in fact a lottery to go for the visa. However, if you do not have roots in the country and you are applying for a visa (not residency) you NEED to prove that you will come back. According to them, if you have a house and a business, you have reason to come and back and you wont abandom these things to stay in the US. That is the reasoning behind the possesions and that is also why you need an affidavit.

Thanks for the replies. Thanks Anna ;o

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Anna Coniglio said:
;) you haven't made up a new word for a long time Pib. I like that one.

Talldrink it's not lost click here

Anna, is there any way to merge the two threads together? I just replied to someone else on the other.

Thanks for helping me find the other one.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I have no magical powers outside of my own forum but maybe Robert will do it.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Thanks Mr. Guzman. Now I know there are a slew of things she needs to bring. Does she need to bring the financial paperwork saying that her fam here is able and available to sponsor her? If she brings that on her first visit (rather than them telling her bring xyz and come back) Can she do that or will they automatically tell her to come back and bring the papers another day anyway?

(I know she has to come back for the interview and many other things, Im trying to see if there is any way we can cut out some of the trips)

Thanks again for your replies...