Santo Domingo transfers to Punta Cana, help?

romeotlc

Feb 20, 2004
I am going to be traveling to DR for the first time in May. I am staying in Punta Cana, but I could only get my flight into Santo Domingo because this airline doesnt fly into Punta Cana. I heard that there are domestic flight transfers that could be purchased once we arrived in SDQ. Does anyone know if this is true, and if so how much approximately does it cost? I dont want to have to take the dreaded 3 hour bus transfer, if I dont have to. If anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tracy

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Domestic flights are operated from Herrera airport, it is 50 minutes away from the airport you arrive. So the only way is taxi, transfer by touroperator or public bus. :eek:

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Romeotlc, please consider the time and logistics you would have to avail yourself from Las Americas to connect to a domestic flight; "wait" for a transfer to the other airport, transport time to airport, "wait" for next available domestic flight with seating to PUJ, the flight to PUJ, and then "wait" at airport for transfer to your resort, and transport to resort.

Best bet and less hassle is a taxi, 2 to 2.5 hrs direct to the Punta Cana resort and you get to see some of the island scenery on the way.

There are taxis at the airport and there is a gent that offers taxi service at: www.dominicantaxi.com you may want to look into his services. His posted rate is US$ 125 per trip up to 4 persons and a $5 surcharge for each additional person after 4.

Regards,
PJT

N.Y. BOY

Feb 21, 2004
Info about tranfer

You can try to call any of these charter company- 1 Caribair 1809-542-6688 or Aerodomca 1809-567-1195 for flight transfer from SDQ-PUJ. They will make arrangments that they can pick you up at Las Americas terminal and to fly you to Punta Cana. The flight will take about 35 min in a small airplane.
:cool:
N.Y. Boy

thomaskarrer

May 11, 2004
Regular domestic flights in the Dominican Republic

Hi Tracy,

we - Takeoff Destination Service - offer regular flights in the Dominican Republic.

We leave Herrera (small airport in the middle of the city) everyday at 5:30 pm to Punta Cana for U$ 65.00 pp one way. We also offer an individual shuttle service from Santo Domingo (big airport where you will arrive) to Herrera for U$ 20.00 pp (45 min ride).

If our schedule doesn't fit your needs we can also arrange a small charter plane direct from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana for U$ 350.00 (for the plane) or we can also arrange a private bustransfer for U$ 100.00 (for the bus - 3 hours ride)

for more informations please check out our webpage on www.puntacanaflights.com

thanks

Thomas Karrer
Takeoff Destination Service S.A.
Punta Cana 552-1333
mail@takeoffweb.com