where to go outside of AI

golferx

Feb 20, 2004
I am going to be a first timer in DR. Going to Puerto Plata with open mind but speak very little spanish. Where do I go outside of AI to get to see as much as possible as far as culture and actually the real side of DR? Am grateful for any and all help.
Bob

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Hi there, if you use the 'search' on this forum you will find loads of information as this question has been extensively covered in other posts. From the Iberostar Costa Dorada you are in easy reach of Puerta Plata, Sosua and Cabarete. So these places can offer you a variety of shopping and nightlife options. Do a search on 'Cafe Cito', they organise some kind of bar crawl into the three afore-mentioned places.

You will be able to book a variety of trips which include trips to waterfalls, ranches, rum factories, white water rafting, little islands, fruit plantations etc etc. You can hire a car or get taxis to travel around. If you have a good search on this site you will find loads of good advice to help you enjoy your vacation. Have a look at the thread 'Ocean World - Fantastic' at the top of the General section.

You will have an amazing time, i am sure!

golferx

Feb 20, 2004
thanx

Thank you very much
tired_boy said:
Hi there, if you use the 'search' on this forum you will find loads of information as this question has been extensively covered in other posts. From the Iberostar Costa Dorada you are in easy reach of Puerta Plata, Sosua and Cabarete. So these places can offer you a variety of shopping and nightlife options. Do a search on 'Cafe Cito', they organise some kind of bar crawl into the three afore-mentioned places.

You will be able to book a variety of trips which include trips to waterfalls, ranches, rum factories, white water rafting, little islands, fruit plantations etc etc. You can hire a car or get taxis to travel around. If you have a good search on this site you will find loads of good advice to help you enjoy your vacation. Have a look at the thread 'Ocean World - Fantastic' at the top of the General section.

You will have an amazing time, i am sure!