Anyone been to Hideaway Beach, Cabarete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinitelyintun

Feb 22, 2004
Hi!
I am traveling with two 19 year olds and a 23 year old, my children and a friend. I am a happy late forties Mom.
We are staying at the Hideaway Beach in Cabarete
Would love to hear suggestions about fun in Sosua and Cabarete.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Actually I went to visit Hideaway Beach Resort today for the first time.

http://hideawaybeachresort.com/

It's VERY nice, peaceful, great location and immaculately clean.
The rooms are very nice, the food is good and the staff have been well groomed in client satisfaction.

It's not in Cabarete, it's between Cabarete and Sosua.

In my opinion this is one of the best developments of that type on the
North Coast.

Please post a trip report when you come back.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I agree with Robert.

I believe it is owned by an American and he has plans to develop the surrrounding area with some homes. There are 4 very nice homes there now, one of which is owned by an American couple that lurk if not post on this board. The hotel pays great attention to the grounds, and they are beautifully maintained. Adding to the charm are the peacocks and gunea hens that roam the grounds.

I don't know about the restaurant in the hotel (if there is one), but I ate dinner in the restaurant on the grounds and the meal was excellent. Very capable and friendly staff.

To get out to the highway to catch public transport to Cabarete and Sosua is a bit of a hike, but from the description of your party, that shouldn't present a problem.

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
This is one if not the most classy spot on the north coast. What a delightful place! I haven't seen a thing that would compare.

As far as fun things to do just tell us what you like to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.