Residencial Casa Linda

Moniki

Oct 6, 2003
We are back!!!!!!
We arrived at Las Americas and made it to Caribe Tours in Sto. DOmingo w/o a single problem...even managed to make a few friends along the way. We then took Caribe Tours to Sosua, Ken was right, it was extremely simple. The ride was a tad long...the excitment was roaring, but we finally made it. Took a taxi from Caribe Tours bus stop in Sosue to Casa Linda.

First impression of Casa Linda "Que chuleria" it is absolutely adorable. We had a Tamarindo Style Villa, just the right size for Minni and I. The landscaping was beautiful, the pool was well kept and everything is easy to find w/i the home. There are a few things that, had it been mine, would have been better kept, but I really can't complain. The only flaws we saw as far as the home itself was that one of the showers didn't work, the fan in the living area didn't work and the refrigerator was extremely too small. Also, we had been told thatthe villa had a new TV and Stereo system, which it didn't. Thank goodness that we took our own little boombox. The TV was small but enough for the amount of Tv watching we did.
The help staff was also very friendly. Dominga, the lady who came to clean, was very nice she even sat with us to have breakfast. We would converse with her and talk about politics and such. Very nice person. The gardener/pool guys were very nice. They even left us some coconuts for the water. The were out at the pool very early and we very quiet, at least they didn't wake me up.
The Managemant was very helpful, we encountered a problem and they were understanding and cooperative. When we gave them the complaints for the shower and fan they explained, apologized and sent a mobile fan right over and the shower was fixed.
Security was extremely helpful with the situation with wacko. He ended up showing up the first night...I'll post that story on a different thread. We ended up talking with the night shift a couple of nights in a row....the were all very nice and allowed us to chat with them for a bit, considering that we were a bit uptight about wacko. Also, they tried to direct us as to were to go dancing during the week.
I was overall happy with Residencial Casa Linda and all of the services it offered.
As for the rest of our trip...we settled in and then headed into town straight for Rocky's. I personally anjoyd the food, we had ribs. I beleive Steve is the gentlemans name who was helping us out, he was also very nice. We saw him a few days later at another placeand he recognized us and said Hi. We spent the rest of the time either at a restaurant, on the beach, in Puerto Plata, at home cooking, looking for a freeza for Minni or on a mission for some fresh Queso de Hoja. I enjoyed this trip....and would definetly go to Residencial Casa Linda again, as well as recommend it to anyone.