hotel camp david ranch

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
leo3131 said:
i would like to have some infor about hotel camp david ranch in santiago

Tell us exactly what kind of info you want and those of us who may have that information can share it. You must be a little more specific.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Camp David

Is situated in the mountains overlooking Santiago. It used to be Trujillo's country house and is now converted into a restaurant/hotel. The food is very good and reasonably priced and the view is fantastic. There is also a small museum of Trujillo's old staff cars. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Marco.

leo3131

Sep 22, 2003
[1]what is the price per night?
[2]are the room clean?
[3]can my girlfriend visit me?
[4]where can i get picture of this place?
[5] do they have a fax number or web site?
[6] how far is it from the city or the Santigo airport?
i will be in Santiago on March 11-15 is that a good time?
what kind of club are in Santiago?
do you think camp david is nicer than matum hotel or hotel aloha?

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
leo3131 said:
[1]what is the price per night?
[2]are the room clean?
[3]can my girlfriend visit me?
[4]where can i get picture of this place?
[5] do they have a fax number or web site?
[6] how far is it from the city or the Santigo airport?
i will be in Santiago on March 11-15 is that a good time?
what kind of club are in Santiago?
do you think camp david is nicer than matum hotel or hotel aloha?

1. price was about $35 US per night around a year ago. Don't know if prices have gone up since mid 2003.

2. Yes the rooms are very clean and rather large.

5. I believe they have a fax but I couldn't find a web site. Do a search of the DR1 archives and you may turn up something.

6. It is right on the edge of town and probably a 10 or 15 minute drive to the airport depending on traffic.

Others may be able to provide more information. I hope this helped a little.
bob H.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
First off Trujillo was very dead when this was built

Nonetheless, it is on a hill overlooking the valley.

No pictures, believe us when we say the views are breathtakingly beautiful.

No fax or web site. If you "girlfriend" is a hooker she will feel out of place since it is frequented by "decent people." I am sure that she might be able to stay. Even sleeze has to pay, I suppose.

It is more than a half hour to the airport by the sneakiest of roads. Easily.

HB

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
Ask and you will recieve

As of the end of Jan.- $1100 peso per night ($22US). Rooms are LARGE, very clean and have a/c and color tv. Yes she can- noticed a couple of "older men" walking to down to the rest. on the weekend with a young thang in tow. Phone# 809-276-6400. Fax 809-276-6404. Hope your spainish is passible, was the only one of 6 who could commicate beyond ordering food or beer (menu is in english and spainish). Ramon, one of the waiters, has ok english and will be of help. No pool or ANYTHING else to do here so bring a book, we got drunk. If you want some peace and quiet, this is the place. Views of the valley are incredible. Maybe HB or AZB can help out with the nightclubs, we came to golf, very good course about 25min. away. Have digital pictures, if you'd like i'll have my teenager post for you as I'm internet challenged. Oh yeah, filet mignon $5.25US whole lobster $12.00US. Try the mushroom soup- FANTASTIC!

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
RandyE

RandyE said:
As of the end of Jan.- $1100 peso per night ($22US). Oh yeah, filet mignon $5.25US whole lobster $12.00US. Try the mushroom soup- FANTASTIC!

Do they have the "2 menu system"? One for locals or Dominicans and another for Gringos? Did you get "Dominican prices"? When we stayed there in the spring of 2003, the prices were 1 1/2 to 2 times as much as you stated. Just wondering.

Bob H.

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
Nope, am as "gringo looking" as can be. Prices were on the menu in pesos. don't forget, last Jan. exchange rate was 21-1 this year year 50-1 to 55-1. This place seems very popular with the well to do locals, maybe they try to keep prices down for them. I can't see getting a lower priced menu than someone else as I comprehend spainish well but speak it like an 6 year old.