launching from La punta Apts, Cabarete

Jayford

Feb 20, 2004
Does anyone know if it is possible to launch from the La Punta apts in Cabarete? I may stay there for a rather long while, and at the price quoted was hoping this is possible. I know the reef is shallow near there, but have heard from one non windsurfer that you can launch from this point.

Any info would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Jay

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
yes you can

hi Jay,

I would walk a bit upwind by El Magnifico to launch. It's only one street over. The launch in front of the apts is not so good because you have the cement blocks right at front that help to prevent beach erosion and a very unfriendly reef just downwind. Give yourself a better safety area/margin of error and walk up the beach. Many locals are living in some apts on the street that El Magnifico is located so you can probably even find someone that knows what they're doing to launch and land your kite. STAY OUT OF THE WINDSURFING AREA! i.e don't go into the Bay of Cabarete until you hit Bozo Beach area and give respect to them when in the waves/outer part of cAbarete bay....

Marina
Kitexcite Kiteboarding
Cabarete

Jayford

Feb 20, 2004
Thanks Marina.

I am a windsurfer, not a kiter. Personally, however, I don't care where the kites are. I am from the Gorge and we all sail close together with few problems.

Cheers,

Jay