Bringing your pets

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Has anyone ever tried to bring a pet rabbit (and pet guinea pig) into the DR? We are especially interested in any Europeans / Brits who have managed to pull this off. - Scratch your brains please - someone must know of a way to do this.

Thanks

:bunny:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Supposing that you do the same dance as we did with dogs

You get vet certifications that all the shots are up to date and that the beasts are in outstanding health, take that to a Dominican Consulate and have it Certificado and check with the airlines as to how to transport them. Poof, and they are here..

HB

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
H.B. is A OK in his response.

When you travel, the animals can be accomodated under your seat and should be no problem. But, if the airline requires the animals to be checked in cargo be mindful of the time of year you travel because some airlines have embargos on live animal transport during the summer months because of health risks due to excessive heat. Check now with the air carrier for tranport information.

Regards,
PJT

Jennymiga

Feb 5, 2004
pets, back to the US?

Anyone know what the procedure is for bringing the pets back to the US?

I think that is more of a hassle? I have heard that the US requires quarintines on animals?

DogsRule

Apr 14, 2004
Late, but still ....

Hillbilly said:
You get vet certifications that all the shots are up to date and that the beasts are in outstanding health, take that to a Dominican Consulate and have it Certificado and check with the airlines as to how to transport them. Poof, and they are here..

HB

Hillbilly: You obviously moved dogs there. I am going to be doing that soon. I would like to discuss it with you further. Where did you move them from? What airlines?

Dasching

May 21, 2004
What forms of transportation exist for dogs? No way my wife would allow our dog to travel with the baggage. Big dog too...