Secrets Punta Cana

mspreen

Feb 23, 2004
Does anyone have any input on the Secrets Resort in Punta Cana or any sugggestions on excursions. We are traveling there the end of March. The travel agent highly recommened it, but I would love to hear other reviews.

Thanks,
Martha

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
Excursion

mspreen said:
Does anyone have any input on the Secrets Resort in Punta Cana or any sugggestions on excursions. We are traveling there the end of March. The travel agent highly recommened it, but I would love to hear other reviews.

Thanks,
Martha

Saona Island nice excursion, talk to Isabel in guest services or Levys Perez at the Hotel. They can give you some ideas of places where to go.

PS: By the way you can leave the Hotel to go any place you want in case you representative tell you that you can't.

Homer

Drugdog

Mar 28, 2003
Secrets

Hope this post makes it. Last two seem to have been moderated.

Have been to Secrets on 3 trips. Next trip Samana.

Secrets is great. It is very romantic. I would recommend that you take the
Outback Tour

http://www.outbacksafari.com.do/

There is an additional charge, but it is well worth it. You get to see the Dominican countryside and how the people live. We loved it! It was an amazing experience.

Make sure you take plenty of $1.00 bills for tips. Tips are not required because it is an all inclusive, but the extra is greatly appreciated. The people make very little and work so very hard. We have made some very good friends with some of the staff down there.

http://community.webshots.com/user/Drugdog

This link will take you to our online photos of Secrets and some of the area. There are a couple of non-Caribbean photos. Don't panic when you see my site name. The first picture will explain everything.

Make reservations for things that you want to do right away. Horseback riding is free, but it fills up fast. Schedule a time to ride as soon as possible. It is a beautiful ride down the coast. Also check into making reservations for dinner at the gourmet restaurant. How they take reservations has changed with every trip. Does the hotel know that you are on your honeymoon? They usually do a few extras. Men need to wear shirts with collars and long pants in the gourmet restaurant, but everywhere else is casual.

mspreen

Feb 23, 2004
Thank you

Thank you Drugdog. Your community webshot pictures were great.

Also thanks for the tip on booking the horseback riding early. That is definitely something we wanted to do. We are not on our honeymoon. This will be our first time to the Secrets resort. We used to use Club Med, but the quality has gone downhill and we need new place. I see the pictures outside the resort. Those were refreshing to see.

I have read alot of reviews and heard several times to bring tips. We have always tipped at the all-inclusive because we see how hard the people work.

If you reply back can you answer me one funny question. What is the average age of the couples? Quite honestly both of us are not in out perfect beach body shape, but oh well we need a vacation.

Thanks,

Mspreen

Drugdog

Mar 28, 2003
mspreen

The average age would fall in the mid 30 range. With the layout of the resort it is easy to just be by yourself. My wife and I our in our upper 30's and everytime we go we end up hanging out with older couples (40 to 50). There will be equal numbers of all ages.

The way we describe Secrets is:
Clean, Elegant, with just the right amount of things to do. Remember that it is in the middle of nowhere. You can walk the beach forever and hardley see another person. So for us it makes it romantic.

Make sure you get off the resort at least once during your stay. Take one of the excursions or take a taxi tour. The resort used to offer a free taxi tour of Higuey. They stopped it but rumor has it they are starting it back up.