Punta Cana Real Estate

rallimike

Feb 23, 2004
I am interested in buying a waterfront lot within 1/2 hour's travel of the PUJ airport. I have been searching DR realtors websites for some time, and there seems to be little Punta Cana real estate shown. I know there is a lot shown for the North Coast, but there are no direct flights to POP from PHL. Are there no smaller lots available? The only thing I ever see is large tracts. I'm hoping to buy something for $250,000 or less; any chance? Who specializes in this area? Thanks.

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
I assume you put "punta cana real estate" in your search engine. I did that and got several realtors for that area with many listings, including beachfront lots.

rallimike

Feb 23, 2004
JanH said:
I assume you put "punta cana real estate" in your search engine. I did that and got several realtors for that area with many listings, including beachfront lots.
Every week for months; what search engine do you use?

Narcosis

Dec 18, 2003
Punta Cana

Most if not all beach-front property in Punta Cana are within gated comunities. As this area is basically a very rural area there are few if any plots outside these gated comunities with basic servicies (water, electricity,etc), so if you want to invest your money this is your best bet.

Melia, Punta Cana Beach Resort and Cap Cana each have golf and/or beach front property for sale and lease.

rallimike

Feb 23, 2004
Narcosis said:
Most if not all beach-front property in Punta Cana are within gated comunities. As this area is basically a very rural area there are few if any plots outside these gated comunities with basic servicies (water, electricity,etc), so if you want to invest your money this is your best bet.

Melia, Punta Cana Beach Resort and Cap Cana each have golf and/or beach front property for sale and lease.

Thanks. I was afraid of something like this. I intend to look at the Beach Resort lots next week, but I really don't want the "Country Club" type location.

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
I used MSN. Re-Max was one of them that appeared.

There were quite a few beachfronts but within a resort. Didn't go thru the whole list.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Most of the "beachfront" properties have been gobbled up by the resorts, developers, and speculators. Some prominent families from Higuey still hold title to some of these land tracts and they will not parcel out individual beachfront lots.

Your best option is to invest in a established residential area, there are more choices, especially in your price range, and there is added security.

Regards,
PJT

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Available-expensive

rallimike said:
I am interested in buying a waterfront lot within 1/2 hour's travel of the PUJ airport. I have been searching DR realtors websites for some time, and there seems to be little Punta Cana real estate shown. I know there is a lot shown for the North Coast, but there are no direct flights to POP from PHL. Are there no smaller lots available? The only thing I ever see is large tracts. I'm hoping to buy something for $250,000 or less; any chance? Who specializes in this area? Thanks.

I saw basically what youre looking for-but one block away from the the waterfront about a month ago. I found the owner by tracking him down in town and meeting him at a small hotel. (not tru a real estate office) His price was 60.00 square meter.
I am scheduled next month to look at some other properties like this but through friends not real estate brokers. If interested contact me after the 22nd of March

JOHN

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Rallimike,

There is a poster on this board, Rahim, who has purchased property at the Palma Real development associated with the Melia Resort.

Rahim has run the whole real estate gambit in the Punta Cana / Bavaro area when first looking for property and can be a good source of information.

I have mentioned your situation with Rahim and have received Rahim's OK if you wish to PM, private mail, to inquire of Rahim.

A real estate company Rahim recommends is:

Camadosa
Carr Cortecito
Higuey
(809) 552-1125

To contact Rahim by private mail, do an advanced "search" under the poster's name rahim. When a thread pops up you can "Private Mail", PM, Rahim using the prompts associated with Rahim's post.

If that does not work, PM me and I will forward Rahim's email address to you.

Regards,
PJT

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Correct Address CAMADOSA

CAMADOSA moved to a new office at Bavaro Shopping Center and has the following address:

Bavaro Shopping Center
Local # 116
El Cortecito
Higuey, DR
Tel.: 809-221-1184
552-0675
Fax.: 552-0676

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
Its the Hurricane Coast

Just remember where you're looking and what that area can look like on the hurricane coast when another hurricane comes through. Relief services aren't like they are in the States. Although you may build a brick shithouse, its going to get pretty ugly around you when another one comes through. Yet another case for the North Coast.

Seachange

Jan 13, 2004
www.Banker-Trust.com
:glasses:
KenoshaChris said:
Just remember where you're looking and what that area can look like on the hurricane coast when another hurricane comes through. Relief services aren't like they are in the States. Although you may build a brick shithouse, its going to get pretty ugly around you when another one comes through. Yet another case for the North Coast.

AMEN!

There's a reason why residents are concentrated on the North Coast. The mountains in the interior act as a natural barrier against periodic hurricanes.

lvsparky3

Jun 11, 2006
Is DR the real deal?

My wife and I are in our 40's and live in Vegas. Nice city but expensive and hot-hot-hot! We've checked the web for more resonable cities and found a couple. However with the cheaper cost of living comes minimum wage jobs. We are now researching DR. We speak no spanish. Can Americans honestly make the transition without major problems.How do must people work? Can we buy a home and live amoung the people? Will we fit into the lifestyle there. Sparky

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003