Couple questions for EPS users

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
I live in Santo Domingo and am considering using EPS to get a few computer supplies over from the states. Does anyone have an idea of how much they charge to ship small packages (less than 5 lbs) and whether they have a "membership fee"?

How reliable have they been for those who have used their services in the past? How good are they about getting computer parts through D.R. customs without getting flagged for "taxes"? Do they deliver to your residence or do you have to go to their office to pickup? Any other info anyone might have on EPS, would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
NV_ said:
I live in Santo Domingo and am considering using EPS to get a few computer supplies over from the states. Does anyone have an idea of how much they charge to ship small packages (less than 5 lbs) and whether they have a "membership fee"?

How reliable have they been for those who have used their services in the past? How good are they about getting computer parts through D.R. customs without getting flagged for "taxes"? Do they deliver to your residence or do you have to go to their office to pickup? Any other info anyone might have on EPS, would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Our experience with EPS is excellent. Price for small parcels is around $5.00 per pound. They have different rates for different weights. They get stuff through customs, sometimes not duty free totally but always at a good rate. Like some official told me at the POP airport the other day while I was collecting computer equipment - You have to pay something!. I was astounded but I wanted the stuff, so I paid 'something'. They don't have a membership fee. I believe they do deliver but we've always been so keen to receive what was arriving, that we've gone to their office to collect.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
In December of 2002 EPS was charging $4.00 a pound for delivery of packages. They have to be picked up at the office and, like Business Mail, there is an annual fee.

If there is customs duty assessed, it is added to the shipping cost and collected at pickup.

Generally, I have found that Business Mail has equivalent service, for less money.

Last (this month) Business Mail package I received (2 pounds) was charged at $3.60 a pound, with no customs added on.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
They used to charge a small membership fee. Doesn't seem as though they do anymore, or, if they do it is not itemized on my monthly statement. I agree with Chris about reliability. We have been using EPS for 18 years and are still batting 1000. I don't like to pay their fees, but their service is great.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I started with them years ago

But I switched to another, church run service for as long as they were in country (LYNX Air), and now I am with Business Mail. EPS has a fee to join and they are very much more expensive than Business Mail

HB

La Gata

Jul 16, 2003
www.myspace.com
We pay 3.50 a pound for small parcels at EPS!

Sometimes the customs fees are high, sometimes they are low, sometimes they are non existant!

No complaints tho!

:-D

S

Stephen

Business Mail

I use Business Mail in POP and they seem to be cheaper. Service is very good. I have been getting things in the area of $1.90 per lb depending on the amount of pounds. THIS IS NOT FOR THE 24 HOUR DELIVERY. IT IS FOR 48 TO 72 HOUR DELIVERY. Items under 30 lbs HAVE TO GO 24 hour express with them and it costs more.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I used them recently to bring in some computer parts, had no problems.
Would use them again and like the fact that you can track and price everything online once your a member.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Thanks for all the info on EPS.

Does anyone know an approximate USD or RD amount on what they charge you annually to be a member (personal account)?

La Gata

Jul 16, 2003
www.myspace.com
EPS is franchised, so each location has different fees. The POP fee for the minimal user is 400 RD a year and then 5.50 US per pound. However if you ship a lot like us, then the upgrade to professional membership has a fee of almost 2000 RD a year but the difference was waived for us due to the quantity that we ship. It results in there per pound being only 3.50 US.

However, In Cabarete, there is only one membership of 1700 RD annual fee and then there per pound is on a sliding scale (meaning for the larger the package the cheaper per pound it is).

In Sosua, the rates seem to fall somewhere between Puerto Plata and Cabarete. Unsure of the other locations. Best Bet would be to go to EPS-INT.com and contact someone!