Brazilian visa from DR?

Jayford

Feb 20, 2004
Does anyone know if a Yank can get a visa for travel to Brazil from the Brazilian consulate in Santo Domingo? I'm not about to send my passport to the States for this when I'm in the DR.

Thanks,

Jay

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Jayford said:
Does anyone know if a Yank can get a visa for travel to Brazil from the Brazilian consulate in Santo Domingo? I'm not about to send my passport to the States for this when I'm in the DR.

Thanks,

Jay

Jay, you should have no problem in doing so at the Brazilian embassy in Santo Domingo, especially if only a tourist visa. Just be advised that you'll have to use their form (downloadable from this link: http://www.brasilemb.org/consulado/consular_forms.shtml), provide a 2x2 passport photo, show proof of onward/return travel (usually xerox of your plane ticket, or a letter from your travel agent), and pay the "processing fee" (last time I heard it was $100 -- but it could be higher -- it is always set to equal whatever the US is charging Brazilians for their tourist visas to the US). Send a PM to Formosano, as he recently went to Brazil and I am sure he knows of any other particular details regarding dealing with the embassy in SD. The embassy is at AV. WINSTON CHURCHILL # 32, 2nd floor, FRANCO ACRA Y ASOCIADOS building. Tel. # is 532-0868
Sauda??s Cordiais,
Keith