Orlando to DR...

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Since I will be moving this year from NY to Florida, as most New Yorkers do.;) I was curious if anyone had heard of American or anyone else initiating this market. I know Pan Am has flights from the area, but the town is growing with more and more Dominicans by the day and was just wondering what the chances were of direct flights.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Pan Am, Youch.

NY1 said:
Since I will be moving this year from NY to Florida, as most New Yorkers do.;) I was curious if anyone had heard of American or anyone else initiating this market. I know Pan Am has flights from the area, but the town is growing with more and more Dominicans by the day and was just wondering what the chances were of direct flights.

If it is the same PanAm we've read about here over the years, I'd pay once you are airborne, preferably when the runway in the DR is 6 feet under the plane at touchdown. AA does fly from Fort Lauderdale now though if that is better than MIA for you.

spidermn55

Jan 20, 2003
my wife, from Santiago, and I live in Orlando and I constantly search for a cheaper more direct route. I've only been twice to the DR, and both were on American via Miami (once to POP, and then to the new STI) and both in the $400 area. :dead:

FLYPANAM.com shows flights from SFB to Santo Domingo, but the price isn't any better than AA. SFB is a small airport in Sanford, about 20 minutes north of downtown Orlando. The website lists STI airport, but doesn't seem to have regular flights.

I hope Viva expands since they appear to be based in Ft. Lauderdale, to FTL. That is about a 3 hour drive from Orlando, and a bit shorter trip than Miami. Flights from Miami are around $100 less, but you have to weigh in the 4 hour drive and parking your car.

Good luck, and welcome to Orlando unless you are a Yankee fan.

spidermn55

Jan 20, 2003
upon further investigation of Sanford Airport's website, there is a vacation package company, vacationexpress.com, that flies direct from Sanford to Puerta Plata...I plugged in some August dates and it gave me a quote of $680 per person :angry:

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Orlando - Santo Domingo

Very soon this route will be nonstop available, Aeromar had intentions to fly severalk times per week to Orlando as Spirit ans PanAm is doing it from Sanford/Orlando.

I excpect it is American from Orlando

Tracy

Jan 23, 2004
spidermn55 said:
upon further investigation of Sanford Airport's website, there is a vacation package company, vacationexpress.com, that flies direct from Sanford to Puerta Plata...I plugged in some August dates and it gave me a quote of $680 per person :angry:

Vacation Express a lot of times will have last minute specials so look closer to time.. Right now their hub is Atlanta, but soon will be Sanford. They also have flights to Punta Cana.

Tracy

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Their is daily 1 direct flight with American Airlines in a Airbus A300-600

Schedule as follows;

AA1711 MCO 08:53 - 14:25 SDQ ( 1 stop MIA) AB6
AA1516 SDQ 12:17 - 17:18 MCO ( 1 stop MIA + change aircraft) B738/B752

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I heard quite some time ago ( a couple of months ago) that TWA was going to have non-stop flight between Orlando and Santo Domingo.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Enter Asylum Ask for the Warden , Meet an Inmate

cmedina07 said:
TWA?

they don't exist

Are you surprised in this forum that was said though? And the Pan Am references are a joke, too. Maybe Aeromar runs flights in secret.

777-200

Jan 25, 2004
ricktoronto said:
Are you surprised in this forum that was said though? And the Pan Am references are a joke, too. Maybe Aeromar runs flights in secret.

Rick WHY YOU ARE SO RUDE?

Im sorprise that only me notice this.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
777-200 said:

he is not rude

he is just as tired as I am of the BS that is posted here sometimes

he is one person that posts here with the intentions to help out, while some other people are obviously posting to benefit the company they work for.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
ricktoronto said:

the sad thing is that I am not surprised :disappoin

As far as Aeromar going from Orlando to SDQ, they could not even handle NYC.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Quit acting like you are 12 years old and maybe.......

777-200 said:

Which I think you may actually be (12 that is) .

You haven't provided one bit of info of value to actual travellers yet and as an example, is that load of crap to the Havana guy who wanted to go to SDQ and you'd say ANYTHING to get him not to just use Cubana because I recommended them, suggesting some idiotic route via Panama for twice the money and 4 times the time would be better. Grow up or post on AOL where kiddies go. Learn to spell, also.

777-200

Jan 25, 2004
ricktoronto said:
Which I think you may actually be (12 that is) .

You haven't provided one bit of info of value to actual travellers yet and as an example, is that load of crap to the Havana guy who wanted to go to SDQ and you'd say ANYTHING to get him not to just use Cubana because I recommended them, suggesting some idiotic route via Panama for twice the money and 4 times the time would be better. Grow up or post on AOL where kiddies go. Learn to spell, also.

More idiotics suggestions come from you. In fact you are the one that act like a kid. Why you do not take me to AOL your self? You think that your are the best one and you only are sarcastic or rude with everybody.

ZIP your self and leave me alone.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
so yeah,

it would be interesting to have nonstops from Orlando to DR.

The Dominican population is growing there

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Yeah thanks medina for getting back on topic. My only concern with Orlando getting service is that, although Ft. Lauderdale is close to Miami, look how long it took them to get flights and that city is much larger and has more Dominicans.

Tracy

Jan 23, 2004
non stops starting April 23, 2004

cmedina07 said:
so yeah,

it would be interesting to have nonstops from Orlando to DR.

The Dominican population is growing there
Vacation Express is relocating their hub to Sanford as of April 23rd. They will offer 3,4, and 7 night packages as well as air only to Puerto Plata.
Flights times: SFB 10:45am - 1:30pm POP
POP 3:30pm - 6:15pm SFB

They will also offer 3,4,5,6, and 7 night packages and air only to Punta Cana.
Flight times: SFB 10:45am - 1:30pm PUJ
PUJ 3:30pm - 6:15pm SBF

This company is will offer good last minute prices sometimes.
Tracy

May 31, 2005
Yeah. I hate having to make stops in MIA or SJU when flying from MCO to SDQ. I have travelled directly from MIA and FLL. But then with the costs involved with getting there, sometimes it is just not worth it. If it is a short 4 day trip I'll probably leave my car parked there. Overnight parking is expensive. If it is a longer trip I will either rent a car and drop it off at the airport or use one of those vans that go and pick you up at your house and drop you off at the airport for $30.00. Depends on how much I am saving. I am not saving much I would rather just pay a little bit extra and not deal with all the hassle of going down south.