Attention DR1

P

Phyllis

There has been many opinions stated about the Flu Epidemic in Puerto Plata........ Can you PLEASE advise and set the record straight to us tourists who are coming soon and worried about this!!! Thanks!

J

Joyce Jimenez

Re: flu information

I would also like some more information about the flu epidemic in the DR. I am planning on sending 3 of my children there soon to see their grandmother and Im worried.

Please advise

J

John L. MacDonald

Live in Puerto Plata,but visinting N.H. for shart time. Called friends there in PP and been informed six elderly people did die of flu, but primary residence of barios.Visitors that stay in resort area by the beaches should have no trouble as "trade winds" blue toward our beaches, and keep air cooler and fresh. There have been no reports of flu problems from tourists in tourist areas.

D

DR One

We have been covering this story in the DR1 Daily News bulletins.

P

peter

John

No reports from who? I contacted an associate in Santiago and found a 20% above normal presentation from tourists with this virus.

I have a post surgical pt (Eye) who has been advised not to travel, simply because proper preventive care greatly increases the likelihood of infection.

I would not rely on posts from this board nor Govt. agaencies for true statistics, rember these are the people that "Guaranteed" Hurricane Georges would pass North of the Island

PL

P

peter

I doubt you will receive an educated un-biased opinion from this message board, they are not in the business of providing the truth when it is not pretty.

Unless you are traveling with the elderly or young children, go on your vacation. The likelihood of contracting the virus depends on the environment you visit, when you do become ill, simply seek medical attention (If available), fluids and rest. You should enjoy a wonderful holiday in bed, but you are unlikely to die

Peter