I'm Still going good...THANKS!!!

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Thank you to all those on DR1 who have made me the benficiary of their prayers...Wed marked one year since I was given the news that I had 1-2 years. As you know I told the docs I was planning for 5-10. With a lot of prayers I have made it through the first. I have had one little setback where I had kidney problems but it was solved quickly. I am now looking forward to the birth of two grandkids, one in March and one in June. I hope to see them through a few years of their lives. The Lord has been good to me. I am humbled and ththankful to Him and to you...

Carl "El Jefe" Moreno

PS I noticed on a list of who was posting from where it just showed me as US...I am in Las Vegas NV. Moved here in June after taking early retirement from Uncle Sam in Colorado Springs. My folks and two of my sisters live here.

CM

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Jefe,

You're beating the odds and walking away a winner.

Regards,
PJT

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Great news, El Jefe. With your spirit, 10 more is the least you can expect.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Glad you finaly posted Carl, with a litte bit of background.

Las Vegas is a great place, so I hear. There are plenty of Dominicans there, and a few of them are in the cigar business...There are Cubans also...
One acquaintence is right there in front of that spire....

HB

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
El Jefe....one of my favorites...

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths.
You are still in our prayers! May God Bless you always!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Never say never......

and always refuse to quit without a fight!
I'm in better shape now than I've been in a long time and I know El Jefe is in my prayers nightly so with all the positive vibes going your way Carl we hope to have you around for a long time to come!!

Enjoy Las Vegas.......(I hear they have some great restaurants there!)

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks all!! Yes, MommC they do have some very good restaurants. I have gained back all my weight that I lost while in that crummy rehab hospital for 5 months.

Nothing like a 10 oz. Prime Rib with all the fixin's for $5.99....