Spring Breaker coming to DR in March

Vaio1983

Feb 27, 2004
I'm coming to The DR in a couple weeks for spring break with some friends. I'm going to be staying in Santo Domingo and was wondering what i should expect. Do many spring breakers come to DR and is the night life absolute crazyness or a little bit calmer than most places. Any suggestions on where we we should go to find fellow spring breakers and a wild good time will also be welcomed. Thanks

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Check your PM

Vaio1983 said:
I'm coming to The DR in a couple weeks for spring break with some friends. I'm going to be staying in Santo Domingo and was wondering what i should expect. Do many spring breakers come to DR and is the night life absolute crazyness or a little bit calmer than most places. Any suggestions on where we we should go to find fellow spring breakers and a wild good time will also be welcomed. Thanks

I have sent you a PM in response to this posting

john

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Interesting Question

Vaio1983 said:

In the 6 years I have been going there I don't recall seeing any sort of large crowds (like you'd see in Florida) of students of Spring Break. I suppose the AI's would have some. When is Spring Break? The nightlife isn't really "craziness" any time and I don't think there is a critical mass of "spring breakers" as you say that change that. All that said , the DR is a good choice for Spring Break, hot, good tourist facilities, cheap prices, loud music. Of course little English which maybe is why so many go to Daytona and Orlando etc.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I think its just a matter of time until the DR gets discovered as a spring break distination. Right now you just have sporadic spring breakers who booked their own vacation, but there are no official tours yet (that I know of) like you would see in the Bahamas for example, which get about 60,000 per year, mostly booked via tour companies specializing in spring break travel.

Its a lot cheaper than The Bahamas, and price and availability of drink (AI concept is not so developed there) is much better in the DR.

Now whether that would be a good thing or a bad thing for the DR is another question.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I think you screwed up!

There is no beach in Santo Domingo! No street with bar after bar loaded with "Kids" drinking and dancing in the open air to American "Hard Rock/Hip Hop music! You will need to take a taxi everywhere,and they will "Screw" you on the fair! You can go to Boca Chica for the beach,but you only have "Hookers" there at night! Good Luck! Next trip try Puerto Plata/Sosua/Babarete on the North Shore!! Cris Colon