Digital prints, La Sirena

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
I am giving a digital camera to someone without a computer. Does La Sirena provide digital print services? Thanks, D

Rami

Sep 25, 2003
dont

Giving some one a digital camera without a computer? not a good idea in US or Canada let alone in DR. ,in long run they will not be happy, In DR ( or any Place else) you are better off with film as the cost of printing and longivity of your camera will be lot better, trust me I work with digital Cameras 6 days week in my line of work.
Now I said my piece
Rami

Rami

Sep 25, 2003
I will try
A disposable kodak or Fuji will give sharper pics. than a 200 dollar digatal camera.
To get them printed at a lab. is getting easier but not available every where.
Digital camers are very fragile and they dont like moisture and dust. camera might be all solid state parts but the chip that records the image is very sensitive to shock and other mentioned things above. The cards are getting better( to record the image onto) but they are extremly sensitive to shock.
If one looses photos from film you can have new ones made from the negatives. Unless one backs the files on to aCD or some storage divice, once over written or accidentaly deleted the images are gone for ever.
I am no camera tech but I Use them in my work evryday($5000.00 and up) price range. I walk around my equipment on tippy toes.
any way this is what my experiance is.
Rami

Rami

Sep 25, 2003
oh realy

*I just purchased kodak 14n Which is based on Nikon body which have 14mg pixel chip and gives a 38mg.raw file. also have 2 nikon( kodak again) 760's which give you 17mg file. We use 7, count seven MacIntosh G4' and
G5's.
I was talking about the quality of amateur digitals and the poster earlier was talking about giving as a gift to some one who does not even have a computer..and the$ 200 or $300 digtal's
We have been using digital equipment since 1986 at our photography business, so I can tell you that I do know what I am talking about. The first Pro digital camera to come out was Kodak 460 and it sold for $28000.00 and you r Rebel is of better quality today.
If you price 14n right now you'll find that it retailig around 5200.00US. A year ago I paid 6500.00US for the 760's a piece. You are welcome to check it out with any reputable proffessional dealer.
If you think your rebel is great wait till you a little bit of dust on your chip when changing lenses, than you'll see what I mean.
Rami
Rami's Photography & Digital Imaging

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
I'm just talking about a 2 or 3.2 megapixel for about $100-$125. She can have fun taking pictures of her kids and viewing them on the screen. The quality is unimportant. Ease of operation and the ability to print a few of the best shots at La Sirena (which is in her neighborhood) will make her very happy. If it breaks, it's no big deal. How much do you think prints would cost there? - D

Dwald

Jan 22, 2004
Danny, ask at the Acropolis, I got my digital pic. printed there. It costs about 11 pesos x picture

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
The best professional digital cameras still can not match the quality of even the throw away 35 mm cameras.

That being said, if you are still determined to go digital, the best deal going right now is the Nikon D70.

Digital technology is progressing at a decent rate. So if you decide to invest in top of the line digital today, in ten years you will have a nice paper weight.

If you buy a top of the line 35mm, in ten years you will still have a decent camera.