Guilty as charge is the DR Government.

Rapadou

Feb 14, 2004
How is it possible that all these rebels made it over the border with all these guns? Is the Mejia Administration using the current situation in Haiti to divert attention on them? What role did the current Dominican administration played in the rebel uprising in Haiti.

If you ask me they played a MAJOR ROLE!!!!MAJOR, will such move be the move that avert a defeat for Mejia in the upcoming elections in the DR.

GUILTY AS CHARGE......

Narcosis

Dec 18, 2003
Clueless as usual

First of all what makes you think they would need to take MORE guns into Haiti when:

1. Everyone knows the gun trafficking is in the opposite direction. Haiti to DR.

2. It has already been declared to the world by the opposition parties that when the Haitian army was "dissolved" no arms were given back.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Sounds a bit suspect, actually.......

Rapadou said:
How is it possible that all these rebels made it over the border with all these guns? Is the Mejia Administration using the current situation in Haiti to divert attention on them? What role did the current Dominican administration played in the rebel uprising in Haiti.

If you ask me they played a MAJOR ROLE!!!!MAJOR, will such move be the move that avert a defeat for Mejia in the upcoming elections in the DR.

Assuming the conspiracy you describe is true (and since you have no evidence at all, who knows if it is or not?) , just how will the unrest in Haiti avert a defeat for Hippo? Will he "invade" like Dubya did in Iraq and all the Dominicans will "swoon" ( and then rush out and vote for him) as he rides into P-A-P on a tank ( if the DR army has tanks, that is)? Or he could ride in on a burro and take advantage of the recent "Passion of the Christ" release hysteria.

You just made all this up didn't you?

dprasociad

Feb 9, 2004
DR has better gear than you think

Dear rick

Check google "military dominican republic" to find DR armed forces site as well as other sites with lots of info.

To x-ref information by Golo there is a russian site that mentioned that US forces had (have) 8000 USA soldier training in remote area of DR.

Possibly texas bill can provide other info.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Completely Irrelevant though

dprasociad said:
Dear rick

Check google "military dominican republic" to find DR armed forces site as well as other sites with lots of info.
To x-ref information by Golo there is a russian site that mentioned that US forces had (have) 8000 USA soldier training in remote area of DR.
Possibly texas bill can provide other info.

The original post said that the Haitian downfall ( and Aristide took off this a.m. for parts unknown with all the loot no doubt) will cinch the election for Hippo and that is completely irrelevant, unless he cheats at the ballot boxes in the DR tradition. In which case the Haitian issue is not really germane anyway. Unless he hires Haitian commandos to do the dirty work.

Your info has nothing to do with the claim at all. So what if US soldiers or anything else are training in the DR? From the "Russian" web sites or not?
Watch out for the UN Army and the black choppers. I have met conspiracy fans like you and you are scary, man.

One correction, the DR Army has 12 tanks , so Hippo can rent one if he needs to.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Rick

The conspiracy theory is by no means idle speculation. It has been expressed in a veiled manner in other threads. I'm guilty of expressing it myself, I need to say.
Surface evidence 'could' support the theory in that Phillipe has taken his men from Dominican soil to Haiti under the nose of the Dominican Army. One can't move armed men without SOME notice by the authorities concerned. What with the political uncertainties within DR, the unrest of the population and other considerations, such a scenario is not outside the realm of possibility.
However, I must add that such a theory is merely an exercise in extrapolation of thought based on many associated events and facts. You may draw other conclusions from the same set of events.

Texas Bill

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
The Election Thing is Total Bunk

Texas Bill said:
Rick

The conspiracy theory is by no means idle speculation. It has been expressed in a veiled manner in other threads. I'm guilty of expressing it myself, I need to say.
Surface evidence 'could' support the theory in that Phillipe has taken his men from Dominican soil to Haiti under the nose of the Dominican Army. One can't move armed men without SOME notice by the authorities concerned. What with the political uncertainties within DR, the unrest of the population and other considerations, such a scenario is not outside the realm of possibility.
However, I must add that such a theory is merely an exercise in extrapolation of thought based on many associated events and facts. You may draw other conclusions from the same set of events.

Texas Bill

Hippo riding in like Jesus into the palace in Port-Au-Prince is not going to a) happen, or b) make anyone vote for him which was the original, fact-less assumption. Didn't Phillipe take like 15 or 20 guys? Not exactly a battallion, Bill. I think with enough baksheesh, you can get 20 people across the border pretty easily. Army guys or whatever. Leaky as a seive.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I'm with Rick on this. If there was any help from this side, it was for purely mercenary and short-term reasons.

Chiri

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
En espanol........

Chirimoya said:
I'm with Rick on this. If there was any help from this side, it was for purely mercenary and short-term reasons.

Chiri

......."el bribe-o"

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Rick:

Don't misunderstand me---I'm merely speculating about the over-the-border scenario; however, I think it has a bit of merit. Event and the press have revealed that our beloved 'uncle Sugar' may have had a hand in the whole situation in Haiti, which I wouldn't doubt in the least, given the propencity of the CIA and DEA to stick their runny noses into the works of other country's business. Their arrogance is well known universally. I'll leave it at that.

Texas Bill

CES

Jan 1, 2002
a veiled manner in other threads . . .

Texas Bill said:
Rick

Texas Bill

Hi Bill,

I imagine that "in other threads" might be referring to "The Boarder is Closed", it seems to have gone missing. Strange?

IMO your statement, "The conspiracy theory is by no means idle speculation." is quite valid. The news today has several stories that I could reference (-link-), I'll just file a demurrer for now.

. . . CES
:alien:

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
I've changed my mind! I no longer think that the Government of the DR conspired to foment a revolution in Haiti!

What I do think is that that same government aided and abetted the revolutionaries in their obviousintent to invade.

That said, I'll retire from this Debate.

Texas Bill

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
ricktoronto said:
Hippo riding in like Jesus into the palace in Port-Au-Prince is not going to a) happen, or b) make anyone vote for him which was the original, fact-less assumption. Didn't Phillipe take like 15 or 20 guys? Not exactly a battallion, Bill. I think with enough baksheesh, you can get 20 people across the border pretty easily. Army guys or whatever. Leaky as a seive.

Rick;

READ THE POST!!! In the begining, I stated that it was merely extrapolation of thought!!!

J----C----, man don't you really read or do you always take things the wrong way???

For what it's worth my post can be taken TWO ways. Each in its own direction and to TWO different conclusions.

In the world of 'Intelligence' one learns NOT to leave a single stone unturned and above all else, to reach the proper conclusions as to the events that present themselves. Events are the facts. What the INTENT behind those facts represent is another matter entirely and subject to the scrutiny of those analysing the facts. And merely surface facts are not to be taken as truely representing what can/will happen.

Do I get my point across?? Hopefully, I do!

Texas Bill