Windows 98 or 2000

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
My 5-year old Dell Dimension XPS R450 (I know I know, need to buy a new computer soon!) recently crashed and I need to rebuild the hardrive. To my chagrin, I couldn't find the original Windows 98 CD that came with it. The current Windows XP isn't compatible with my system.

Does anybody in DR happen to have a CD-R of Windows 98 or Windows 2000 that I could borrow ? It will be quickly returned.

Kindly PM me if you have it.

Thanks !

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Not Really The Case

Hlywud said:
Most Window 98 or ME or 2000, are single user disc, once installed are only good on that computer installed on.

Good luck finding a corp copy...

? Hlywud

Windows 98 doesn't use product activation so if you have an install CD ( not a restore/image CD that came with a PC) and the CD Key it can be installed on as many PC's as you want to. I would think there must be bootleg versions of all 3 in SD on the street etc. You can BUY a Windows 98SE Upgrade for $100 and all you need is an old Windows 95 install disk to "prove" you are upgrading from a previous version.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
What you are asking for sounds illegal, so if you are ever going to be cruising through Santiago, PM me and I can help you with something completely different that has NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT YOU REQUESTED.

Did you here me Microsoft? NOTHING TO DO WITH THE REQUEST!!! NOTHING!!!