Should I cancel my trip to DR?

tugboat

Feb 29, 2004
I am heading to DR (punta cana) in 13 days with my children. Should I keep my reservation or cancel? Any concerns? Thanks

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
tugboat said:
I am heading to DR (punta cana) in 13 days with my children. Should I keep my reservation or cancel? Any concerns? Thanks

Nothing to be concerned about. Problems in Haiti are not a concern.

Larry

Mar 21, 2002
Hey tugboat don't jump to conclusions. The people answering you are hardened pirates use to all types of horrible third world standards. Go with your gut. If you feel unsure even a little bit then cancel. Come when you feel totally safe and sound cuz if anything happens none of this people are going to bail you out.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Onions&carrots said:
Hey tugboat don't jump to conclusions. The people answering you are hardened pirates use to all types of horrible third world standards. Go with your gut. If you feel unsure even a little bit then cancel. Come when you feel totally safe and sound cuz if anything happens none of this people are going to bail you out.

Ridiculous advice, you should know better. Get that chip of your shoulder, your starting to sound pathetic!

Moving on...

Tugboat, you will be fine. If it wasn't for CNN and the local news you would have no idea anything was happening in Haiti. 1000's of tourists are here right now and 1000's will be coming this year. Actually it looks like it's going to be a great season.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Cancel your trip? Goodness gracious, what on earth for? Come on down, enjoy, have a good trip. I've just come back from Cabarete and the town is jumping. Yesterday (Friday), I returned from a place quite near the border and did not see even one disturbing happening. In fact, things were more tranquil than usual. Haiti is far away. Their problems are their problems. The DR is fine for visiting - the normal cautions for any tourist in any place applies. No more, and no less. Most people that have replied to this thread live here, every day, full-time - no concerns....

tugboat

Feb 29, 2004
Thanks everyone for all the replies. I have already decided to go. I am really looking forward to it too!

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Would I, would I? PEG LEG, PEG LEG!!!!

Conchman said:
I'm a hardened pirate!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOO!
CCCcccc is hardened, too. But he uses little blue pills for that.

Tom aka XR You can't have everything. Where would you put it?

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Nothing to worry about

tugboat said:
You have nothing to worry about. The situation in Haiti is coming to a halt. Haiti's president left the country already (as per CNN). Come and enjoy.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If there were "riots" in Pittsberg,would you visit LA?

Same difference! We ARE watching CNN to find out what is going on in Haiti! Nothing has changed here,and Punta Cana is closer to Puerto Rico than to Haiti!!! Cris Colon