Oh the pain!! Oh the frustration!!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Here I get a chance to go to the POP airport to pick up a friend, early enought to be able to run over to Rocky's for some ribs....

My friend even has a friend from the Bahamas with him. I say would you like some good ribs? Eyes light up, saliva dribbles out of the corner of his mouth... So off to Sosua--and the raod is getting worse every day, it seems, what a terribley sh!tty government to let that highway go to pot (holes).

Anyway, we get to Rocky's at 4:15...only to be sadly informed that the cook doesn't start until 5 pm/////OH NO!!!

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH! Like Charlie Brown trying to kick a football with Lucy!

The highway fromthe airport to the Gran Parada is a humdinger, too, especially right there where the Air Force Base ends! What a wonderful way to greet our tourists..

NOTE: The Gregorio Luper?n Tourist Highway is not for beginners nor for driving at night. It is in incredibly bad shape, with very poor markings of where the road washed away last November. Notch another great step backward fro Hippo and his squad of pi$$-poor officials! there are at least three areas that can cause your death if you miss seeing them in time and a few others that can throw you off the road if caught unawares...

Sosua Note: Saw where JJ O'Connall's old Auberge/Village Inn of Sosua is all refurbished and letting rooms...Looks like a nice make over...

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Having just recently had a glorious, lipsmacking, juicy run-in with rockys ribs, my sympathies to you and friends for missing out. And the highway, yeah right.... it sucks.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Sorry I missed you

Hey Hillbilly,
I must have missed you by minutes or you didn't see me in my little internet cage. It's not that we didn't have a cook on at that hour, insomuch as the pizza oven isn't hot enough until 5 PM to bake the ribs. Sorry dude. I'll make it up to you.
JJ's old auberge is almost completely renovated and should be fully operational within a month or two. They need to complete 2 more rooms and install an alternate power system for the power failures and they'll be ready to go.
The people runnning it seem to be wonderful and I'm really glad to have some new good neighbours.
Marco.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
The only thing "good" left in sosua is Rocky's ribs. Keep up the good flavor guys.